Aaaarrrrgh!

Old September 9th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Aaaarrrrgh!

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 09:05:20 -0500, DrQuilter wrote
(in article ):

oh, now you made me feel bad. you are already FINISHING quilts for your
guild's march show? I haven't started thinking about the show yet!! How
many quilts do they let each member enter?

Maureen Wozniak wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:08:41 -0500, KJ wrote
(in article tTxDi.86303$Fc.23982@attbi_s21):

We don't really have a limit on finished quilts. There is also a category
for UFOs that get hung, "space permitting". The building we rent at the
fairgrounds is pretty huge so there has always seemed to be plenty of space.

Maureen

Old September 9th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default pin-basting on tables Aaaarrrrgh!

Howdy!

The big cutting mat goes on top of the table
before the pinning begins. ;-)

Then you remove the mat, call Megan to come over and crawl around
under the table to inspect the basted quilt back.
She's nice, really, she is.

R/Sandy

On 9/9/07 9:04 AM, in article , "DrQuilter"
wrote:

but it would be all scratched after the first quilt!!!

Megan Zurawicz wrote:
It suddenly occurs to me that any quilter (putting quilting before all else,
as we all know we must do) who might be in the market for a new dining room
table (which is apt to be drafted as a pin basting table at any time, of
course) has a really good argument for insisting on getting a *glass topped*
table.

Pin a section, lay down on the floor and slide under the table and know how
it looks *before* picking it up and possibly messing it up.....

What's not to like?

--pig