Aaaarrrrgh!

Old September 5th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Aaaarrrrgh!

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:37:25 -0500, Carolyn McCarty wrote
(in article ):

So sorry, Maureen! BTDT. The last quilt I pinned had to be unpinned and
repinned a couple of times before it was satisfactory.

Ohhhh! That's terrible. Have your fingers recovered?

Maureen

Old September 5th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 05:39:51 -0500, Ms P wrote
(in article ):

You need one of those pin closer thingys. It'll save your fingers at
least!!

Ms P
"Maureen Wozniak" wrote in message
lobal.net...
I just spent the entire 3-day weekend pin basting a batik quilt. My
fingers
at the moment look like raw meat. I had to go buy more pins twice---
finished up that pinning just a few minutes ago. Took the sandwhich off
the
table and, despite all the smoothing and clamping I did as I went along,
there is a long pleat down the center of the back!!!!

Pretty frustrating way to start the day, and I haven't even been to work
yet!

Maureen

I've thought of that, but they seem so awkward. Have any of you ever used
one?

Maureen

Old September 5th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

They work great. Not at all awkward.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 5th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article l.net,
Maureen Wozniak wrote:

[...]

I use one called a Kwik Clip, and it really is great. I'm left-handed,
so I hold the pin in that hand and the KC in my right hand and just pin
and close like crazy. My left hand does get a bit sore from holding
those skinny pins, but it's always fine again in a little while.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 5th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megan Zurawicz[_2_]

It suddenly occurs to me that any quilter (putting quilting before all else,
as we all know we must do) who might be in the market for a new dining room
table (which is apt to be drafted as a pin basting table at any time, of
course) has a really good argument for insisting on getting a *glass topped*
table.

Pin a section, lay down on the floor and slide under the table and know how
it looks *before* picking it up and possibly messing it up.....

What's not to like?

--pig

On 9/4/07 08:47, in article
, "Maureen Wozniak"

Old September 5th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wow! Lateral thinking - in spades g
..
In message , Megan Zurawicz
writes
It suddenly occurs to me that any quilter (putting quilting before all else,
as we all know we must do) who might be in the market for a new dining room
table (which is apt to be drafted as a pin basting table at any time, of
course) has a really good argument for insisting on getting a *glass topped*
table.

Pin a section, lay down on the floor and slide under the table and know how
it looks *before* picking it up and possibly messing it up.....

What's not to like?

--pig

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 6th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Megan Zurawicz wrote:

It suddenly occurs to me that any quilter (putting quilting before all else,
as we all know we must do) who might be in the market for a new dining room
table (which is apt to be drafted as a pin basting table at any time, of
course) has a really good argument for insisting on getting a *glass topped*
table.

Pin a section, lay down on the floor and slide under the table and know how
it looks *before* picking it up and possibly messing it up.....

What's not to like?

--pig

What a great idea, Piglet! I love it! G

Old September 6th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

What's not to like? Lying down on the floor and getting back up again. LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies