pottery tools south yorkshire

Old November 11th 05, 08:38 AM
Kibb

Default pottery tools south yorkshire

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a place in or near South Yorkshire, England UK where I
can buy pottery & ceramics tools?

Thanks.

Kibb

Old November 11th 05, 04:52 PM
dkat

http://www.kellysearch.co.uk/gb-product-27324.html

I order my tools on line or make them myself. What is it that you are
looking for?

Old November 12th 05, 04:44 PM
plodder

Hi Kibb, I live in the North West of Yorkshire and have found that
most of the pottery suppliers of Stoke on Trent have agents throughout
the county; you could try contacting suppliers such as Potclays,
Potterycraft, Valentine's clays etc., they may have info on such
agents?! If you happen to travel close to Leeds, GHS Refactories at
Morely (Tingley Bar) are good for clays and other ceramic materials,
they also stock smaller tools.

Old November 12th 05, 10:42 PM
Kibb

Thank you very much for your answer!
That's interesting news about the agents and it's great to hear about GHS in
Leeds. On their site I've seen a whirler I'm after so I'll surely take a
look over there.
Best wishes.

Old November 26th 05, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Almost every town has a 'Great Works' shop and although not extensive, they
do stock some very inexpensive pottery sets, hake brushes etc. Get someone
to go onto EBay for you or sign on as a guest, as there are loads of tools,
glazes etc.

Roz