Red, White, and Black

Old February 14th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Default Red, White, and Black

Thanks, Lizzy. I really had a good time making it - but I have to admit,
I'm ready to explore some other colors now. I feel as though I've done a
lot of this color combination lately. I probably haven't, but it feels
that way!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/13/2011 3:30 PM, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 13/02/11 20:09, Louise in Iowa wrote:
Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

That is stunning. I really like the contrast. She is a very lucky young
lady.

Lizzy

Old February 14th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks for that compliment on the complement! Each of the fabrics had
its own graphic design in it, and that made me think about doing just an
overall design, but in the end, I went with my heart, and I think it worked.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/13/2011 9:04 PM, Sandy wrote:
In ,
Louise in wrote:

Thanks, Sandy. Yes, I did the quilting.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Even better! That's really a nice quilt, and the quilting complements it
so well.

On 2/13/2011 3:50 PM, Sandy wrote:
In ,
Louise in wrote:

Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

It's the first two pictures in the album.

Red/white/black is such a graphic statement, Louise -- this looks great!
I suspect your DGD will love this quilt, and with good reason. Did
you quilt it yourself?

Old February 14th 11, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks, Maureen! I hope she likes it as much as we do!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/14/2011 7:50 AM, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:09:25 -0600, Louise in Iowa wrote
(in ):

Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

It's the first two pictures in the album.

It' stunning.

Maureen

Old February 14th 11, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

Wow! Great job!
ME-Judy

--
Louise in Iowahttp://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old February 14th 11, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks, Judy! I can't wait to see or hear her reaction when she gets it.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/14/2011 12:43 PM, ME-Judy wrote:
Wow! Great job!
ME-Judy

Old February 14th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What a wonderful combination! I really like the alternating light and
dark squares with the Ohio Star effect.
Roberta in D

Old February 14th 11, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks, Roberta. I have EQ to thank for that. Once I decided on the
block and color placement, I used EQ to rotate every other block and
those light and dark squares emerged - I thought it was more interesting
than the traditional, every-block-the-same orientation.

Old February 15th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:46:38 -0600, Louise in Iowa wrote
(in article ):

Thanks, Maureen! I hope she likes it as much as we do!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

I'm sure she will!

Maureen

Old February 15th 11, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks, Taria! Yes, I'm early, but not really! I had her brother's made
by Christmas of his junior year. For granddaughter #2, I finished by
April prior to graduation (I really did plan to get it done by Christmas
of the year before, but you know how that goes!). So for this one, I'm
late in comparison to delivering her brother's and early in comparison
to delivering her cousin's. Oh, well, she's a forgiving child!