"reactivating" r.c.rs with some discussion - introductions first!

Old July 9th 05, 12:30 PM
Tom and Karen Brooks

Hi stumpers!

I've been lurking on this group for about a year now and have been
disappointed (until now) about all the ads that have been here and nothing
from real stumpers. I started stamping several years ago (mostly from
watching Carol Duval!) because I thought it would be a great way to send
cards without spending so much money. Of course I was wrong about the
money, but I do LOVE to stamp.

I live in a little town in Georgia now (although I am a transplant - which
is the Southern way of calling you a Yankee while trying not to be
offensive) and there is nothing in the area for stumpers. (OK, there is one
tiny little section of the local scrapbook store and there is a Michael's
but...) I generally buy my stamps and supplies from the internet and get
some really great deals that way. I only use unmounted stamps and am so
happy to have 1000s of stamps that barely take up any room at all. I too
have tons of paper and never tire of buying more - though I keep telling
myself that I need to use what I have first.

I was just curious if we could get anyone interested in being penpals. Not
that the computer pictures aren't nice, but I would love to see some of the
cards that other folks make and happily would send mine. I'm new enough to
the area that I haven't been any stampers, so it would be fun to at least
have some snail mail stamping buddies. Anyone up for card exchange?

Glad to see real stampers on this list!

Karen R. Brooks

"Barbara Hass" wrote in message
Welcome, Pat! Nice to meet you! I can identify with the paper
collecting. For me it's not necessarily just paper, but office supplies
in general, like Jeannette. I love the smell of an office supply store.
I'm bummed about computers, because that's less of the neat office
supplies that I need to use on a daily basis. Like you, stamping/cards
have given me a good reason to keep all of my tools about!

Welcome!
Barbara

Pat wrote:

I've been lurking for a very long time, so I guess I need to join in
too! My name is Patricia.. or Pat as most call me. I live in South
Carolina
now, but I spent my childhood in the Bronx, and most of my life in New
Jersey. I'm not an expert rubberstamper by any means. To me, stamps are
more a
means than an end... you see, I have this problem... I'm a paper
junkie! I love papers, handmade, machine made, brightly colored, plain
white... you name it! Now, if I kept buying all those papers, and
didn't do anything with them.. people might think I was... odd. So, I
stamp!! And the papers turn into cards... collages... all sorts
of things! Patricia

Old July 9th 05, 12:41 PM
Cecelia

I live in a little town in Georgia now (although I am a transplant - which
is the Southern way of calling you a Yankee while trying not to be
offensive) and there is nothing in the area for stumpers.

Where are you? I live in Nebraska now, but grew up in Lawrenceville and
Sugar Hill. I went to College at Valdosta State.

Cecelia

Old July 9th 05, 08:27 PM
Barbara Hass

Tom and Karen Brooks wrote:
snip

I was just curious if we could get anyone interested in being penpals. Not
that the computer pictures aren't nice, but I would love to see some of the
cards that other folks make and happily would send mine. I'm new enough to
the area that I haven't been any stampers, so it would be fun to at least
have some snail mail stamping buddies. Anyone up for card exchange?

Glad to see real stampers on this list!

Karen R. Brooks

Karen,
I'd be happy to do a card exchange with you. We can email off the ng
and exchange snail mail addresses.

Barbara

Old July 10th 05, 11:28 AM
Tom and Karen Brooks

Oh, I just realized that I typed stumpers instead of stampers. Oh well.

I live in Newnan, a little south west of Atlanta. We haven't been here very
long so I'm unfamiliar with the rest of Georgia so far. Actually I don't
mind not having stamping stores, the internet provides me with all of the
goodies that I need.

Karen

Old July 11th 05, 04:46 PM
Cecelia

I live in Newnan, a little south west of Atlanta. We haven't been here
very long so I'm unfamiliar with the rest of Georgia so far. Actually I
don't mind not having stamping stores, the internet provides me with all
of the goodies that I need.

I know exactly where Newnan is. My grandmother used to live in Columbus and
I have a friend who lives in Grantville.

Cecelia

a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
UK based sewing and couture dressmaking discussion forum LAM Design Sewing 0 July 2nd 04 11:59 AM
I'm ba-a-a-a-ck!! (Polyclay discussion groups?) Sherry Bailey Polymer Clay 6 September 18th 03 08:18 PM