flying blind

Old August 4th 11, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default flying blind

Good morning all.

This google groups thing is really getting on my nerves. My posts are
still not showing up when I try to access the groups through google
groups. But when I read the group messages on a freak site in Germany,
there they are, as well as replies. I can't post through that site
though and it's chaotic and filled with garbage that one has to wade
through. I did see that Sunny posted a request about reading usenet
groups in another way, newsgroups or such. Could anyone tell me about
that and would this work from outside the USA? I live in Spain.
I really don't want to lose this groups! You have all come to mean a
lot to me!

PLease, any replies send them to my email addy as groups access is
down.

Thanks

Claudia
Old August 4th 11, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

hey Claudia,
i'm guessing you're at work now, lol.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/220852
that site will explain how to set up your hotmail thru outlook or outlook
express.
then there are two free news servers you can put the server names for news
as well.
once you set it up, you will need to download the full list of ngs that each
server carries, takes only a few minutes. then subscribe to rctq and
whatever groups you fancy.
there is one other news server that you have to register on their website
first, it is also free.
then OE or outlook can be your reader for both hotmail and the ng.
here are the two free easy to use info needed.
open OE, go into tools, accounts, news tab and add a new one.
then in the general tab and the server tab there put in news.aioe.org
then add another one and put in news.albasani.net
on both those i put in a bogus email addy so cant be harvested and get spam
from it.
the third server i have set up on outlook express and needs to be registered
on their website first is eternal-september.org
tho i had to use my @yahoo addy to register for that i put in a bogus one
when i set it up in outlook express.
hope that all makes sense.
holler here or find me in chat on facebook later. not sure how far apart we
are now i'm guessing i am about 11 hrs ahead of you...or thereabouts.
cheers,
j.

"Claudia" wrote ...

Old August 5th 11, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jeri

On 8/4/2011 2:27 AM, J* wrote:
[...]

Unless they've made a major change to Outlook it doesn't support
newsgroups. The Microsoft products for reading Usenet newsgroups are
Outlook Express (not available beyond Vista and XP) or Windows Live Mail.

Mozilla Thunderbird can also be used for email and newsgroups. There are
also stand alone newsreaders such as Forte Agent.
~*~
Jeri
Old August 5th 11, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

http://www.newsparrot.co.uk/
this site has an MS program and shows a bunch of free ng servers as well.
havent tried any there but aioe so no idea what works.
just me trying to pass on as much info as i find online to help those who
might be fed up with google groups access.
fwiw shrug
j.

"Jeri" wrote Unless they've made a major change to Outlook it doesn't

Old August 5th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

correcting my own post below...
this is posted thru the second ng server link on there.
so thats 2 free servers there that work ok.
each of those show 46 thousand groups they carry.
fwiw.
j.

"J*" wrote...
http://www.newsparrot.co.uk/
this site has an MS program and shows a bunch of free ng servers as well.
havent tried any there but aioe so no idea what works.
just me trying to pass on as much info as i find online to help those who
might be fed up with google groups access.
fwiw shrug
j.

"Jeri" wrote Unless they've made a major change to Outlook it doesn't
support
newsgroups. The Microsoft products for reading Usenet newsgroups are
Outlook Express (not available beyond Vista and XP) or Windows Live Mail.

Mozilla Thunderbird can also be used for email and newsgroups. There are
also stand alone newsreaders such as Forte Agent.
~*~
Jeri

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to
---

Blind Quilter Kiteflyer[_3_] Quilting 3 January 21st 11 03:59 PM
Knitting with the blind Arlene Yarn 1 May 16th 06 03:04 PM
Blind knots Tricia Knots 1 November 6th 05 12:27 PM
OT - I will be blind Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 14 August 23rd 03 09:08 AM
OT - The light was green and I am "blind" Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 August 19th 03 03:50 PM