Google dissatisfaction!

Old August 1st 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Default Google dissatisfaction!

http://groups.google.com/support/bin...ct_type=survey

Here's the link to the usenet's satisfaction survey page.........it
doesn't seem to matter which method is used to contact rctq - the
length of time and non-activity is across the board. Please take a
moment to complete the survey and add your comments........ or not.
jennellh
Old August 2nd 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

There are lots of things I don't understand. Heck. I don't even understand
how the light comes on when I flip the switch.
But. Something I really really don't understand is why anybody
tolerates Google. For little more than a dollar a month you can just gently
and without effort read without the hassle.
And. Furthermore. Recently this computer was simply eaten alive by a
vicious attack. When the techy folks recovered the system, they left me
with Google as my search engine. ( I guess search engine is the right
term.)
When I searched for something, before I could see the answers, I had to
pass by the 'paid' ( I suspect) subscribers' ads. Or something like that.
Soon as I could I got it changed back to my favorite. And I am so happy
for news.individual.net. They only annoy me at Christmas when they bring
their children to work (and leave them) and I need to tell my awful
Christmas joke. Just FWIW. Polly

Old August 2nd 11, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gerry@home

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 22:14:05 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

There are lots of things I don't understand. Heck. I don't even understand
how the light comes on when I flip the switch.
But. Something I really really don't understand is why anybody
tolerates Google. For little more than a dollar a month you can just gently
and without effort read without the hassle.

That's a bit expensive compared to my news server.
http://www.blocknews.net/
Buy your bandwidth in blocks that never expire until they're used up.
We bought 10 GB in May 2010 for $4.50 and that will probably last
longer than we do.
Just logged in to check the account and here's what it says:
You Have Used 0.48362 GBs Of Your 10 GBs Purchased.
Had it been all used, the cost would have been 32 cents a month but,
there's over 9.5 GB left. At that rate, our news service costs roughly
3 cents a month.
They carry all newsgroups including binaries and, their retention is
exceptional.

Gerry.

Google quilter Quilting 5 October 7th 05 03:33 PM
google help [email protected] Needlework 2 February 16th 05 01:42 PM
google help [email protected] Needlework 14 February 14th 05 05:17 AM
OT -- Google comes through Sue Quilting 6 December 12th 04 01:53 AM
I'm off Google !! Deirdre S. Beads 4 September 4th 03 02:58 AM