Why quilting is good for us!

Old July 31st 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

Default Little Peepers Why quilting is good for us!

"Roberta" Roberta@Home schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
I feel your pain. The main bathroom in this house is brown tiles,
dates from 1979. Wish I could afford to redo. For now, I just firmly
think of it as the chocolate bathroom. Even worse is the one upstairs
in harvest gold, same vintage. We give that one to guests :-)
Roberta in D, just thankful the previous owners didn't care for
avocado or sunset orange

Hmm, I could imagine that, although perhaps a bit eyewatering, the harvest
gold has a somewhat bright and cheerful aspect. I've been in a chocolate
bathroom once and it felt that now amount of watt in the lightbulbs could
drive away the darkness. Anyway, I guess that even bright and cheerful can
get on your nerves over the years. ;-) My dream is white tiles with a
somewhat blueish or other stripe at sight level, white porcelain and the
floor in a matching blue (or other colour). DH loves the kind of renaissancy
floor tiles, large black and white, like a chessboard, and I agree that it
looks fine and classical in larger bathrooms. However, for our place it's a
total no-go. Either we need just about eight tiles for the entire floor or
we go for smaller tiles and then it stops looking classically elegant and
turns grey from afar. (I feel that we are drifting back to patchworky
topics; the smaller the pieces, the more the colours blend and... ) Anyway,
I wouldn't complain as long as it looks decent and doesn't tire the eye, if
you know what I mean. Something you like to look at even after ten years.
(See, if you wait long enough, the colour scheme is hip again; I caught my
neighbours doing their bathroom in brown, only it's now called café latte or
mocha or whatever the industry titles it to put sand in out eyes.)

U.

Old July 31st 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 30/07/2011 15:52, Taria wrote:
What is with the brown nurseries? There is almost nothing that is a
choice but pink or blue or brown. I guess most folks find out whether
they are having a boy or girl and then just go pink or blue? Manufacturers
gave up on neutral colors? There was a brown clothes hamper on a
gift list for a new baby in the family. That just seems a bad plan besides
not very happy.
Those peepers are the cutest thing. Thanks for the link from Sandy
and I can't wait to see the Polly version.
Taria

Quite. All the little babies dressed in brown/pink or brown/blue make
me think of those chocolates with fondant centres. But I'm not keen on
the look. Whatever happened to green, yellow, peach and lavender as
"neutral" colours, or indeed passing clothes down to younger children?
You can't do that half the time when they're pink and sparkly or blue
with diggers on them.... I'm always on the lookout for good quality,
unisex items. And T's favourite colours are purple and green. Try
finding clothes in those colours anymore!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 31st 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:23:49 +0200, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
I feel your pain. The main bathroom in this house is brown tiles,
dates from 1979. Wish I could afford to redo. For now, I just firmly

Psst! Roberta! Tile can be painted!

Kay
Who tiled several bathrooms in the 1970s... all classic white with different
colors of grout.
Old August 1st 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Hmmm, that's a thought. Not sure it would look better though. the
tiles are not quite 2" square, and they cover floor and walls up to
about 6.5 feet. And they have a bit of surface texture. I'm sure they
were rather expensive back in the day.
Roberta in D

good quilting videos? Taria Quilting 3 May 6th 10 10:04 AM
Lap quilting hoops. Good or not? Sartorresartus Quilting 12 February 4th 10 02:39 AM
Good quilting time dackwoo Quilting 1 April 12th 04 09:27 PM
Good quilting program? [email protected] Quilting 16 February 17th 04 06:21 PM
Good quilting day yesterday... Karlee in Kansas Quilting 3 December 17th 03 10:41 PM