Why quilting is good for us!

Old July 28th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Default Why quilting is good for us!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...y-good-us.html

Janner
France
Old July 29th 11, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You bet your boots quilting is good for us. We need to create. We need to
give love. We need to be alone and we need the companionship of fellow
quilters. Of course, we also help the economy by bringing home lovely
fabrics that call to us.
Sometimes though, it just might also raise our blood pressure. I can
Not move forward with the crib quilt underway. Little Peepers, Fons &
Porters Baby Quilts Winter 2008 is adorable but choosing the background
fabric for the Peepers has halted production until morning comes and Mr.
Esther has had some coffee and can choose for me.
Quilting helps us know "Yes we can" and, of course, "Maybe I can't" but
we're growing either way.
Beats the heck out of watching reruns of the Dukes of Hazard.
Polly

Old July 30th 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Little Peepers Why quilting is good for us!

Howdy!

This is so cute I almost can't stand it!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgomez51/3432672742/
(made by J.Gomez aka CAQuilter)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2507058...in/photostream
(from GardenPat)

http://www.quiltsforsale.ca/DB/searc...1&ArtistID=170

As "they" say, Polly: You go, Girl!

R/Sandy

On 7/28/11 11:31 PM, in article , "Polly
Esther" wrote:

You bet your boots quilting is good for us. We need to create. We need to
give love. We need to be alone and we need the companionship of fellow
quilters. Of course, we also help the economy by bringing home lovely
fabrics that call to us.
Sometimes though, it just might also raise our blood pressure. I can
Not move forward with the crib quilt underway. Little Peepers, Fons &
Porters Baby Quilts Winter 2008 is adorable but choosing the background
fabric for the Peepers has halted production until morning comes and Mr.
Esther has had some coffee and can choose for me.
Quilting helps us know "Yes we can" and, of course, "Maybe I can't" but
we're growing either way.
Beats the heck out of watching reruns of the Dukes of Hazard.
Polly

"Janner" wrote in message
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...uniquely-good-
us.html

Janner
France

Old July 30th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh wow Sandy. Thank you for finding/showing the quilt pattern for me. It
is quite a case of cute.
It's a gift for a friend's grandbaby. I was 'somewhat' interested in
what sort of theme the new mama had going. When I found out she was doing
baby's room in brown and cream, you 'know' that's not going to happen from
my happy stash.
I just can't wait to show you my version of Peepers. Polly

Old July 30th 11, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

What is with the brown nurseries? There is almost nothing that is a
choice but pink or blue or brown. I guess most folks find out whether
they are having a boy or girl and then just go pink or blue? Manufacturers
gave up on neutral colors? There was a brown clothes hamper on a
gift list for a new baby in the family. That just seems a bad plan besides
not very happy.
Those peepers are the cutest thing. Thanks for the link from Sandy
and I can't wait to see the Polly version.
Taria

Old July 30th 11, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 30/07/11 15:52, Taria wrote:
What is with the brown nurseries? There is almost nothing that is a
choice but pink or blue or brown. I guess most folks find out whether
they are having a boy or girl and then just go pink or blue? Manufacturers
gave up on neutral colors? There was a brown clothes hamper on a
gift list for a new baby in the family. That just seems a bad plan besides
not very happy.

But brown doesn't show biological stains as much as pink, blue or pastel
colours :-)

Lizzy
Old July 31st 11, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

But brown doesn't show biological stains as much as pink, blue or pastel
colours :-)

Lizzy

that is why it seems a bad idea!
Taria
Old July 31st 11, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I can like brown. If somebody wants to give me a mink coat or a chocolate
cake, I can love it. I just can't think of brown in creating a sweet baby
quilt. I swing between pastels and what the 'experts' say babies prefer.
To be fair, I recently spent a wonderful half-hour with one of our
great-grandsons while he was zoomed in with those 'learning to focus' big
eyes on a arrangement I had on the piano of bright red raspberries.
There have been wedding, graduation and baby shower invitations coming
in here for the past year or so in brown. It's got to be 'trendy'. It will
go away. I can wait. Polly

Old July 31st 11, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Polly Esther" wrote...
I can like brown. If somebody wants to give me a mink coat or a chocolate
cake, I can love it.

Hehehe... same here! ;- (I created a lovely thing in browns and reds
yesterday, and today the chocolate-covered chocolate cake with cherries in
it will be on our coffee table.)

I just can't think of brown in creating a sweet baby quilt. I swing
between pastels and what the 'experts' say babies prefer. To be fair, I
recently spent a wonderful half-hour with one of our great-grandsons while
he was zoomed in with those 'learning to focus' big eyes on a arrangement
I had on the piano of bright red raspberries.

Really, I have to dress a girl and I go shopping in the boys' department for
sweat- and t-shirt basics because all you can get for girls is that horrible
lurid pink.

There have been wedding, graduation and baby shower invitations coming
in here for the past year or so in brown. It's got to be 'trendy'. It
will go away. I can wait. Polly

I tell you what is worst of the brown wave: bathrooms in brown. I mean,
brown invitations, brown fabrics - they'll be gone in a few months or years,
but a bathroom has a life expectancy of what? 20 or 30 years perhaps. And I
know what I'm talking about; we've got two bathrooms with brown tiles and
green sink and toilet. We are dying to redo the bathrooms, but we haven't
got the time and money yet.

U.

Old July 31st 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I feel your pain. The main bathroom in this house is brown tiles,
dates from 1979. Wish I could afford to redo. For now, I just firmly
think of it as the chocolate bathroom. Even worse is the one upstairs
in harvest gold, same vintage. We give that one to guests :-)
Roberta in D, just thankful the previous owners didn't care for
avocado or sunset orange

"Polly Esther" wrote...

good quilting videos? Taria Quilting 3 May 6th 10 10:04 AM
Lap quilting hoops. Good or not? Sartorresartus Quilting 12 February 4th 10 03:39 AM
Good quilting time dackwoo Quilting 1 April 12th 04 09:27 PM
Good quilting program? [email protected] Quilting 16 February 17th 04 07:21 PM
Good quilting day yesterday... Karlee in Kansas Quilting 3 December 17th 03 11:41 PM