New Newsgroup

Old June 5th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default New Newsgroup

On or about Mon, 05 Jun 2006 05:09:00 GMT, an entity identified as
Abrasha proudly proclaimed:

Frosty wrote:

snip
Wow,

What a post 161KB, the largest post in the history of this newsgoup.
Congratulations!

uh...

"I've created hundreds of newsgroups, moderated, unmoderated, and even some new
hierarchies. Alt.config is a joke. ..."

Real bull****; No debate.

I rest my case.

I *think* I've just been flamed. But really you and Al need to lighten
up a bit!
First of all, there's no requirement you read all 4000+ lines in my
post, nor that you download every post in whichever groups you've
subscribed to. Of course seein' as how you both are the same person I
can understand why your views are so alike. :-)
(So how is the weather in Vermont these days? Humid?)
Oh and BTW, have you noticed that this is a moderated ng? Our
moderator approved my postings. Bitch at him.
If my posts are too long for your crap-ass dalaup or DSL connection,
why don'tcha spring for cable?
FYI, this was a flame.

Frosty

--

Vescere bracis meis!

Old June 5th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Frosty wrote:
On or about Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:54:57 GMT, an entity identified as
Abrasha proudly proclaimed:

Frosty wrote:

Please forgive the X-post, but trying to get this new newsgroup
working.
It's not that I don't like your newsgroup, actually its very
interesting.
I just think there oughta be an unmoderated one as well.
It's just the rebel/anarchist in me.

Thanx!

Frosty
SilverMan
--

Real debate; No bull****.

That must be a typo, I'm sure you meant to say Real bull****; No debate.

You are correct. Lately there has been a lot of bull**** and very
little debate. Maybe some of you smart guys will join and tell us all
how wrong we are. :-)

Who is this us? I though you were trying to get a NEW newsgroup going. The way
I see it, there is no "us". There isn't even a newsgroup for "us" to go to.

You are like the stranger who walks into a bar and tells all the regularsto
come to the bar he knows on the other side of town, one that nobody else knows
about, with the promise that it might be better there. Sorry to break it to you
pal, we're just not interested. The beer and the company are just fine here.

Why don't you just go and start your new unmoderated newsgroup and see what
happens. I think that basically with what this ng, Orchid and r.c.m has to
offer, we're just not going to be very interested over at your place.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old June 5th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Frosty wrote:

snip
Wow,

What a post 161KB, the largest post in the history of this newsgoup.
Congratulations!

uh...

"I've created hundreds of newsgroups, moderated, unmoderated, and evensome new
hierarchies. Alt.config is a joke. ..."

Real bull****; No debate.

I rest my case.

I *think* I've just been flamed. But really you and Al need to lighten
up a bit!

Well, you're stating your post was allowable since I approved it. That'snot
quite the same as saying I approved OF it. Part of the reason the group does
not allow binary attachments, despite the fact that photos might often bequite
useful in this group, is simply to keep message size down. Your post blew that
concept right out the window. That brings up questions of nettiquette, which
the charter does allow me to consider in approving a post. But I'm a nice guy,
and perhaps against my better judgement, let it go. Still wondering whyyou
didn't trim off the last 90 percent of the post, which pretty much was many many
duplicate copies of pretty much the same data. Not much new to learn in all
those repeates of Tale's announcment...

First of all, there's no requirement you read all 4000+ lines in my
post, nor that you download every post in whichever groups you've
subscribed to.

True, but in this moderated group, people expect posts to be at least mostly on
topic, and usually therefor worth reading. One either downloads the postor
not. fortunately, with today's disc drive sizes, and high speed connections,
most users are not so inconvenienced. Still, some consider such a post rude,
and too many of them will have an impact on server retention times for posts to
the group. At least that's the theory... Possibly outdated by now...

Of course seein' as how you both are the same person I
can understand why your views are so alike. :-)

Can't understand what in heavens would make you think that. Al and Abrasha are
not only totally different people (trust me on this, or look in the google
archives to find spots where they've argued with each other here...) but are
often at rather differing poles of an issue. Here, though, the issue ispretty
clear to all...

(So how is the weather in Vermont these days? Humid?)
Oh and BTW, have you noticed that this is a moderated ng? Our
moderator approved my postings. Bitch at him.

No don't. Won't help. I moderate following the group charter. That prohibits
all sorts of things, but doesn't specifically limit message length. So the only
thing I could do was decide the message was off topic. Which perhaps I should
have done, since this group is about jewelry making issues, not newsgroup
creation issues. But nostalgia got to me... :-)

If my posts are too long for your crap-ass dalaup or DSL connection,
why don'tcha spring for cable?
FYI, this was a flame.

No it wasn't. not in my opinion, which you've so nicely defended already. You
weren't flamed so much as your posting was criticized. Arguing issues isnot
flaming. Believe, me, if Abrasha want's to flame you, (and if I allowed it),
your monitor would be on fire. (grin)

How 'bout we just all agree to leave the whole discussion of new newsgroup
creation, or the history of the creation of this one, to rest now, OK? It's
not really what this group is about.

Frosty

Peter
Old June 6th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 06:14:59 GMT, Frosty wrote:

Oh and BTW, have you noticed that this is a moderated ng? Our
moderator approved my postings. Bitch at him.

Consider him bitched at. Peter, *please* don't send on such lengthy
nonsense. This is one of the few groups where I download automatically
with no limit on message size. Since I have high-speed connections
available at work, I have no reason to have one at home, and posts
like this certainly wouldn't justify it. It's good to keep in mind
that currently only 39% of city dwellers and 24% of rural Americans
have high-speed internet connections.

OTOH, I no longer care what "Frosty" messages you approve, since he's
now in my filter.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ