Newbie here!

Old June 15th 05, 06:45 PM
NancyB

Default Newbie here!

Hi! I'm Nancy from California. This is my first time joining a newsgroup,
but I've heard some wonderful things about this one, so I decided to join
up!

I have been cross stitching for 18 years and crocheting for 30.

I just won a blue ribbon first place on my Celtic Christmas at the fair. I
turned it into a Christmas stocking for my daughter (minus the outer frame
stitching and made up her name instead of Noel).

Thank you for letting me intro!

Nancy :0)

Old June 15th 05, 07:04 PM
Tegan

NancyB wrote:

I just won a blue ribbon first place on my Celtic Christmas at the fair. I
turned it into a Christmas stocking for my daughter (minus the outer frame
stitching and made up her name instead of Noel).

Thank you for letting me intro!

Nancy :0)

What an imaginative way to use Celtic Christmas, Nancy! I would never
have thought of that, but now that I've read your post, I can see it.
Congrats on the ribbon, too.

Welcome! It's a rowdy bunch at times, but very helpful and friendly
most of the time. Occasionally things might get a bit heated, but
usually it blows over in a day or so. Have fun!
Tegan

Old June 15th 05, 07:12 PM
Brenda Lewis

Hi, Nancy! Do you have a picture posted of your Celtic Christmas? I'd
love to see it.

--
Brenda
NEW to Styx, classic to the world: Big Bang Theory
Old June 15th 05, 07:42 PM

Oooh, I love "non stocking" stockings. It's fun to find just the right
holiday design and make a stocking from it. I've done "Santa Sacks"
for my kids, rather than the traditional stocking shape.

Welcome to RCTN!

Lucy Boyer
Cross Stitch Unlimited / StitchStash.com
Arlington, MA USA

Old June 15th 05, 07:48 PM
Pat EAXStitch

Hi Nancy - nice to see another "newbie" within 24 hours of Kate joining us!

We`re certainly a LIVELY group, so hope you`ll enjoy it.

Pat P

Old June 15th 05, 08:17 PM
Karen C - California

NancyB wrote:

I just won a blue ribbon first place on my Celtic Christmas at the fair.

Congratulations! If you need it hand-delivered or hand-retrieved from
the State Fair, just let me know. (I know at one point they were
requiring that for display of needlework; not sure what the current
rules are.)

--
Karen C - California
Finished 5/31/05 - Stars of Merlin wedding sampler

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old June 15th 05, 08:48 PM
NancyB

Thank you all so much. I had done Celtic Spring for my dd's 8th bday 4
years ago and she just couldn't decide on a stocking that she wanted. She
saw CNoel and fell in love! I will be taking pics and will share this
weekend (I'm going to fair on Sat).

I don't know if I'll be entering it in State Fair. I guess I could. I
never thought of doing that. Hmmm....now you have my brain cells going. :0)

Nancy

p.s. KarenC...where in CA are you?

Old June 15th 05, 10:05 PM
K. Morrison

Hi Nancy,

It's Kathie! I'm glad to see you made it here!

Old June 16th 05, 12:23 AM
NancyB

Yup! I made it. I just went to comcast home page and it showed me a
different way of getting here and it worked!

Hugs! Nancy :0)

Old June 16th 05, 03:03 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"NancyB" had some very interesting things to
say about Newbie here!:

Hi! I'm Nancy from California. This is my first time joining a newsgroup,
but I've heard some wonderful things about this one, so I decided to join
up!

What part of California? There are regulars here all over the state
(Karen C. and I both live in Sacramento, and there's someone from Elk
Grove, which is right near there).

newbie with a tatting question FtForger Yarn 6 July 1st 04 06:18 PM
sort of a newbie with a question Jean Early Yarn 27 May 19th 04 11:42 PM
Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern... Diamanda_of_Lancre Yarn 4 April 9th 04 10:29 AM
newbie hugs Musicmaker Quilting 3 March 13th 04 07:15 PM
newbie question edie Yarn 9 January 19th 04 02:27 AM