the group

Old August 6th 12, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roz

Default the group

I was a member years ago and thought the group had closed. Was so shocked the other day when I got a notification. Only looked at a few postings and was glad to see some familiar names. I used to sign Roz in Montreal, but now just sign as Roz. Take care.
Old August 6th 12, 08:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Nice to see you, Roz.
No, we haven't 'closed', but are much, much less active than before. I
understand that there is a section of members on Facebook - I have no
connection with that, as I don't 'do' social networking sites.
However, a good core of us are still around in this system, and there
are always a few messages every day.
..
In message , Roz
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 6th 12, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Well, it will close if nobody posts anything, so welcome back!
Roberta in D

Old August 6th 12, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

One day I'm going to go over to fb, scoop up all of our friends and gently
put them back here where they belong. This morning Hanne is thinking about a
baby quilt and is showing us the requested palette. NOT one I would choose
but it would be such fun to see all of us chiming in again. Polly

Old August 6th 12, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

On 05/08/2012 8:38 PM, Roz wrote:
I was a member years ago and thought the group had closed. Was so shocked the other day when I got a notification. Only looked at a few postings and was glad to see some familiar names. I used to sign Roz in Montreal, but now just sign as Roz. Take care.

You can come find us on FB too!
TTFN
Allison
Old August 6th 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Many days I get my rctq fix from FB...because I can access it more
easily. But I do like reading conversations better here since there are
fewer distractions.
Allison

Old August 7th 12, 08:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Polly,

I wanted to post the question here, but I'm working off my phone at the
moment and posting the picture somewhere just didn't seem quick enough
for me...

No, not my palette either, which is why I have NOTHING that is usable in
my stash, sadly.

Hanne

Old August 7th 12, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

So why can't we post photos here? I understand that lots of us had
only dial-up back in the day, but is that still an issue? If we could
put our photos up, I bet lots of us would dump FB and return, because
this is lots easier to read.
Roberta in D, who has no FB friends

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 07:31:39 -0700, Sandy Foster
wrote:

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

One day I'm going to go over to fb, scoop up all of our friends and gently
put them back here where they belong. This morning Hanne is thinking about a
baby quilt and is showing us the requested palette. NOT one I would choose
but it would be such fun to see all of us chiming in again. Polly

I really wish you *would* do that, Polly! I don't like FB and find it
frustrating to try to navigate. The only reason I even have an account
is because my two DDs post photos of their children there -- which I
think is insane, anyway. :S

Old August 7th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:

So why can't we post photos here? I understand that lots of us had
only dial-up back in the day, but is that still an issue? If we could
put our photos up, I bet lots of us would dump FB and return, because
this is lots easier to read.
Roberta in D, who has no FB friends

You have to go back to when newsgroups started. Newsgroups were set up
to be either text only (like our group) or binary which allowed
pictures. Lots of groups set up two versions, the text version for
conversations and a binary group where a picture could be posted for
readers to view. At the time, not all news servers even carried binary
groups.

The world was slower, storage was more expensive, we had no
clouds...things were different :-) We're all still here having fun with
the old technology but it's often easier for people to move to a newer
platform - like listservers, and then mail groups like yahoo and google,
and now facebook - to get what they want.

marcella

New to group Lynda Quilting 21 August 18th 07 07:19 AM
is this the right group? [email protected] Quilting 4 January 10th 07 09:20 PM
Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
New to the group [email protected] Needlework 10 November 27th 05 09:27 AM
a thanks you to this group. Phyllis Moody Quilting 6 April 19th 04 11:35 PM