Flagged for abuse

Old July 18th 12, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA

Default Flagged for abuse

Ok so now we get rid of the spam posts, but why is everyone's posts being flagged for abuse?

Cindy from GA
Old July 18th 12, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

On 17/07/2012 9:45 PM, Cindy from GA wrote:
Ok so now we get rid of the spam posts, but why is everyone's posts being flagged for abuse?

Cindy from GA

Is when you read with google? Because everything looks ok with
thunderbird which is what I'm using.

Allison in Mtl

Old July 18th 12, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:45:44 -0700, Cindy from GA wrote:

Ok so now we get rid of the spam posts, but why is everyone's posts
being flagged for abuse?

Cindy from GA

Bluntly, because google groups is pretty crap.

There are people who do not mind the obnoxious threading and cumbersome
quoting.
However they are pretty horrible when it comes to policing, and it can
take forever to get anything accomplished one way or the other. Every
now and again a user goes on a rampage reporting random posts, and
sometimes entire groups, for various and sundry imaginary TOS
violations. They have been so bad at taking care of problems, that now
they just blank reported posts automatically, and someday when a real
live person gets around to it they will actually look at the posts and
deal. That might be ten minutes from now or who knows when if ever.
Even this procedure is sort of random, and I believe based on how many
complaints they have had lately. This is all based on observation, I
have no actual knowledge on the internal workings of google.
It all goes back to them buying Deja with no actual ideas on how they
were going to handle it. They did not realize that the way they formated
it they were anonymizing the posters and thus breaking down the usual
usenet policing protocols, leaving the responsibility for dealing with
stuff on them. Possibly they did not care.

If your isp does not provide usenet service, there are a fair number of
free providers. I use eternal-september because my isp's usenet service
is impossible for me to connect to (no linux support at the isp). I am
pretty happy with it. If you need info on reading software I am happy to
try to help. Unless you are an Apple user, I am apple illiterate.

NightMist
--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

who do I report abuse to SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 20 April 25th 05 02:33 PM
Sweater abuse Wooly Yarn 4 January 24th 05 05:47 PM
Sewing machine abuse? Polly Esther Quilting 14 November 15th 04 09:11 AM
OT Domestic abuse websites? Dr. Sooz Beads 6 September 2nd 04 06:08 AM
OT child abuse Dan and Joanne Augusta Quilting 18 January 27th 04 03:35 AM