Tote Bag

Old July 16th 12, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Default Tote Bag

Had to be really careful about the copyright - no Olympic Rings, etc.
which is why I used the balloons! Wouldn't think anyone would bother
about the rings where you are though - here even a local flower shop who
was going to have a window display for the Olympics was stopped from
using her rings - they are being really tight about it here. Apparently
a big national Guild of Cake Decorators planned a competition for the
Olympics but found they couldn't use any of the motifs connected with
the Games.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 16/07/2012 07:24, Di Maloney wrote:
Firstly, I meant to say "I really like your bag" - thumbs got in the way of
typing.

Thank you, I know my little friend is going to like it. Thanks also for the
advice re copyright and tips in making the bag.

Di
Vic Aus.
"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
Of course - the figures were quite easy and there are lots of the
silhouettes on all the Olympic sites, though I took 3 of mine from a
wall-hanging project in a magazine to avoid copyright issues. The diving
one I did from scratch which explains its short legs! I lined bag with
clear plastic over the blue water lining fabric so its a swimming bag.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 15/07/2012 09:02, Di Maloney wrote:
I really like your back Sally. Could I please snatch the idea (sort of)
make an Olympic bag for a young friend?

Colours are just perfect.

Cheers,
Di
Vic Aus
"Sally Swindells" wrote in
message
Got the 'Olympics 2012' Tote Bag I entered for the WI competition in our
County Show back yesterday and have just got round to taking its photo.
It
had to show at least one sport so I chose Swimming which has 4 sections.
The criticism card said 'An attractive and practical bag - good use of
coloured fabrics and well stitched. Pale fabrics not too suitable for
wear'. I am still puzzling over the final sentence as I sit here in my
white tee shirt and blue and white skirt. Dare I be seen in public!

Old July 19th 12, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

I love the design you came up with - and the balloons are a very clever
way of saying "Olympics" without using the rings!
Allison