Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Old July 4th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Default Happy 4th (with pics of my tablerunner)

Late last year I decided I'd make a tablerunner or topper for every
holiday or season in 2012. Well . . . it's now the 4th of July, and I
finally got one finished. I promised DH I'd have a runner on the table
by the 4th, and at 9:56 p.m. last night I did it! I think we'll
celebrate the 4th through the entire month of July this year!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 4th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

that's terrific! you did a bang up job on that, or is it an explosive
finish?
I really like the way you did the quilting on it. Great work and finished.
it doesn't get better than that.
Happy Independence day!
Taria

Old July 4th 12, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Pretty! Love your fireworks quilting.
Roberta in D

Old July 4th 12, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Let's go for explosive finish - that's pretty much the way I felt when I
put that last stitch in!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 4th 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Thanks! I'd been wanting to try something like that for a while, and
this was (obviously) a perfect opportunity!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 4th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Thanks, Sandy. I found out it was pretty easy to do - I just put a CD of
Tim McGraw on the player and moved the machine to the rhythm of the
music! I also learned that if you mess something up and don't stay
within the lines, you just go back and add more thread to it!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 7/4/2012 4:22 PM, Sandy Foster wrote:
In article ,
Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsidotcom wrote:

Late last year I decided I'd make a tablerunner or topper for every
holiday or season in 2012. Well . . . it's now the 4th of July, and I
finally got one finished. I promised DH I'd have a runner on the table
by the 4th, and at 9:56 p.m. last night I did it! I think we'll
celebrate the 4th through the entire month of July this year!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream

Oooooh, that's *beautiful*, Louise! I love it! The quilting is perfect
for the theme.

Old July 5th 12, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Bringing up the rear here ( although I suspect some of you are more
qualified). Gorgeous table topper, Louise. I've never quilted to Tim
McGraw but it sounds inspiring. I've quilted tonight to John Phillips
Sousa. Not a good tempo if you need to be careful. I love the fireworks
quilting too. Wonder how it would do on a Christmas quilt? ( Not hinting.
Just wondering.) Polly

Old July 5th 12, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Hmmm, might work in a center block where there's a flag!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 5th 12, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:54:31 -0500, Louise in Iowa wrote
(in article ):

Late last year I decided I'd make a tablerunner or topper for every
holiday or season in 2012. Well . . . it's now the 4th of July, and I
finally got one finished. I promised DH I'd have a runner on the table
by the 4th, and at 9:56 p.m. last night I did it! I think we'll
celebrate the 4th through the entire month of July this year!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/louisei...in/photostream

That's spectacular. Love the "fireworks" you quilted in.

Maureen

Old July 5th 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Thanks! I'll have to confess that I go by the dining room table every so
often just to look at it! It just turned out so much better than I had
imagined (instead of the other way around!). Sorry if that sounds like
I'm really congratulating myself - I feel like I've been going through a
dry spell with some less-than-desirable results, so this one feels
really good.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Happy 4th of July Sandy E Quilting 4 July 7th 11 02:05 PM
Happy 4th and Happy Birthday Cats Quilting 1 July 3rd 06 03:44 PM
Happy 4th! Glassact Beads 1 July 6th 05 07:34 AM
Happy 4th Stella Fenley Yarn 0 July 4th 03 03:08 PM
Happy 4th Lucille Yarn 0 July 4th 03 02:43 PM