Update to Horror Story.....

Old January 28th 04, 04:22 PM
Farleyaw

Default Update to Horror Story.....

Hi RCTNer's!
Well, today has dawned sunny, bright and freezin' cold! (LOL - gulf coast
of Texas. It's 37 degrees right now and will hit a high of 53 today - all of
which is the Arctic for us!) My cat pee soaked stitching has soaked in a big
bucket of Orvus all night. This morning I rinsed everything out. Gallons of
water was used.........first water out of my tap - well water and then all the
bottled water I could find in the garage. I did mention it's freezin' cold
today and my water comes from my well which is about 50 yards from my
house........My hands are still frozen!
The results of my labors are so far so good! Nearly all the stains are
gone. All the magenta stains are gone. There is 1 yellow stain on a
spectacular piece of hardanger I did using Watercolors and gold cording.
Oh, did I mention *that* particular piece took me about a zillion hours to
make? and about a billion beads were used?......Luckily the stained portion is
in a part of the linen that was going to be cut off anyway.
My Emie Bishop Thanksgiving piece has a small stain on it but I think
that came from a rusty needle and has been there awhile. Luckily, it too is
located on a part of the linen that will be removed.
I don't know if the stench is still in the fabric so I didn't dare press
anything. Instead, I took everything (48 pieces were involved in case you want
to know) outside and hung them on my clothesline. Sigh, another
worry.......the clothesline is located near a tree that herds of blackbirds
LOVE to visit. Today the birds are happy over at the neighbor's tree. My nose
is snuffed up right now and I can't smell anything. Hopefully by this
afternoon I'll be cleared up. Elsewise I'll get my neighbor to give these
things a snifferoo test.

Anne

more updates will follow.......
Old January 28th 04, 05:05 PM
Olwynmary

Instead, I took everything (48 pieces were involved in case you want
to know) outside and hung them on my clothesline.

And now I trust that after this horrendous experience you are going to either
put these pieces on display, or give or sell them to someone who will.
Obviously, only the cat could appreciate them while they were hidden away!!!
Old January 28th 04, 05:18 PM
Texasxsgal1

gh, another
worry.......the clothesline is located near a tree that herds of blackbirds
LOVE to visit. Today the birds are happy over at the neighbor's tree.
more updates will follow.......

Anne, could you put a sheet over the things you have hanging on the line.
Might take longer to dtry, but it would protect them from the birds.
kathy
san antonio

Old January 28th 04, 06:36 PM
ingaumma

Good luck with the sniff test. You may have to soak the pieces again so
that there is absolutely NO residue that will rot the fabric in time.
Kitty will still have a home I guess
Lynne