Neutral Feedback

Old August 20th 03, 03:38 AM
alia

ya, i often wish i could say 'above and beyond' for great sellers.
although i must say just a promt shippment and no hassle is sometimes
more pleasant than a lot of friendly communication and helpfulness in
the midst of a problem.

it would also be nice if you could change your feedback, like talk it
over and w/ a negative giver and see if you can work it out... ??

alia
Old August 20th 03, 04:26 AM
Mary Rurup

it would also be nice if you could change your feedback, like talk it
over and w/ a negative giver and see if you can work it out... ??

or at least be able to post a rebuttal (?) comment/update...i.e. "spoke with
seller, and he refunded shipping, making me satisfied". So that way, you
could put "oops, forgot to hit "good"" or similar...

Of course, some of the bad sellers would try to pay you to make it good
again, or something, but that would help out the legitimates (i.e. husband
dying, etc...)

Mary

Old August 20th 03, 08:07 AM
Christina Peterson

I should have stated that I was talking about the system.

As far as this guy goes, he was clearly out of line.

Tina

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
I have an odd attitude about feed back I guess.

I have trouble remembering things sometimes. Like leaving feedback. I
often just space it out. And I am not as quick as I'd like to be. The
feedback I consider most important is going back and buying more beads.

And I have a problem with people who think neutral means bad. I do almost
always leave positive (every time that I can remember) because I know

that's
what I'm supposed to do. But I can understand someone thinking, unhappy
gets negative feedback, OK and what I expect for my money is neatral, and
service above and beyond is positive. You know, like when you answer a
survey.

I don't think everyone knows a neutral feedback is considered an insult.

Tina

"Juanita Floyd" wrote in message
Ohhhh! I'm really ventilated right now. I was just checking my feedback

and had
a neutral posting from a recent customer. It made no sense. He said it

didn't
look like enough beads as seen in the picture. He bid on 12 beads and I

sent
him the 12 beads as seen in the picture. I am at a loss to figure out

what
the
problem is. Maybe he can't count to 12?? Anyway, the only negative

feedback I
ever got in all the years I've been doing this was from a man too. Some

guy in
Germany that thought I should wait 2 months to get paid. I think from

now
on
when I have a male bidder, I will figure a way out of the auction. )
Obviously they don't have a clue.

Thanks for letting me rant,
Juanita

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=rvnsbrk

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Old August 20th 03, 09:13 PM
alia

ha ha ha, if i had a neg and they gave me fifty bucks, i would put a
positive!!! i could use fifty bucks!!!

but seriously. i had a lady once that i tried and tried to pay and
couldnt! it was awful, i was terrified i was going to get neg
feedback. i emailed her thru ebay and no dice, plus my email through
ebay was also wrong and i did not know how to change it! i even tried
emailing people who had given her feedback in the past, asking them to
contact her on my behalf and that also did not work... so i gave her
a positive feedback with my email in all caps saying i can't contact
you!! please email me!! and it worked out.... but i can imagine not
thinking of that and being in a real pickle....

alia
Old August 24th 03, 12:18 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

I agree to a point. A neutral in general is not necessarily a bad thing,
but when the person tells an untruth in the message, that's not cool. In
Juanita's case, the person should have read the auction description and
counted the beads in the pic before leaving feedback. In my opinion anyway.
As much as I don't like it, neutrals in the eBay world are regarded as
negatives. However, if someone left me a neutral, I would be looking at why
and at possibly trying to make changes so their experience is better, rather
than retaliating with a negative comment. I would hope others would do the
same, but often times they don't. I have left neutrals before, when I was
satisfied with the transaction as a whole, but something specific wasn't
great. Like shipping took forever, or the merchandise wasn't packed as well
as it could have been. I watch my comments though - in hopes that the user
will understand what I am saying instead of reacting to the fact that it is
a neutral. Of course, I have left my share of negatives - when the
transaction isn't completed due to someone not paying, etc. Oh, and when I
never receive merchandise I have bid on and paid for. That kind of thing.
Anyway. Ramble.

I think Juanita did the right thing by responding to the comment made.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Maybe he was drunk when he bid on the auction, so it looked like twice
as many beads...

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org

Any Feedback? Juanita Floyd Beads 9 February 17th 04 06:57 PM
AD: Feedback on eBay Store so far? Tink Beads 0 July 10th 03 08:57 AM