Chocolate Addicts!

Old April 23rd 04, 10:58 PM
Karen C - California

Default Chocolate Addicts!

CHOCOLATE REHAB

People who say they are addicted to chocolate or pizza may not
be exaggerating, U.S.-based scientists said. A brain scan showed
that when they saw chocolate, their brains lit up like the
brains of cocaine addicts.
.... http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/04/21...eut/index.html
--
Finished 3/17/04 -- Elmo
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old April 24th 04, 12:26 AM
KDLark

People who say they are addicted to chocolate or pizza may not
be exaggerating, U.S.-based scientists said. A brain scan showed
that when they saw chocolate, their brains lit up like the
brains of cocaine addicts.

Well, that explains it -- both the huge Sam's club bag of chocolate chips in
the kitchen cabinet and how I've been "called" by it all day. There's also a
small nest of Cadbury's Creme Eggs that my daughter hasn't showed up to claim
yet. She'd better get home, or the junkie Mamma's going to eat them!

But not tonight. I had pizza for dinner.

Katrina L.

P.S. We are also having popcorn and a movie later. IIRC, I read an article
once about how a mental hospital had to ban the nurses from making microwave
popcorn, because the smell drove the patients...well, you know!
Old April 24th 04, 01:20 AM
Rhiannon

That's nothing. You should see what it does to my sheltie! She has her
own little popcorn song (mostly whine) and dance.

Katrina wrote:
P.S. We are also having popcorn and a movie later. IIRC, I read an article
once about how a mental hospital had to ban the nurses from making microwave
popcorn, because the smell drove the patients...well, you know!

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone

Old April 24th 04, 10:11 PM
s.whitley

I like to put the Cadbury's Creme Eggs in the freezer and eat them frozen.
they you can eat the chocolate from around cream filling and eat that
last.....hummmmmmm thank goodness my darling daughter doesn't like them at
all! So hers are always left in her Easter basket. Imagine the Easter
bunny always gets her the same thing ;-)

Sandra

Old April 25th 04, 03:03 AM
KDLark

That's nothing. You should see what it does to my sheltie! She has her
own little popcorn song (mostly whine) and dance.

Our corgi loves popcorn, too. My daughter would eat it with Mars at her feet.
She'd eat a couple of pieces, toss a piece to Mars, repeating this until I'd
stop it. Mars apparently liked "sharing" with Jo very much. One evening she
put a popcorn bowl on the floor next the the chair. Mars saw it, rushed over,
and stuck his nose in. He ate one piece, then backed up and looked at Jo.
"Your turn!"

Katrina L.