Oooh, 1000 Beads of Glass, what a great book!

Old January 12th 05, 04:34 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Oooh, 1000 Beads of Glass, what a great book!

My sis who worked in a book store always made sure we got neat books for
Christmas, and this year is no different, the package arrived and in it was
the 1000 Beads book for Mike. He is still devouring it, I hope he gets
bored eventually so I get a chance to see it!

I'm also thrilled as I got the 'Painted Ponies' book. If you've not seen
these guys, take a look at the website!

http://www.gopaintedponies.com/

It's so inspiring, and there's a lot of ideas there that would apply to
beadwork too, including one horse entirely covered in sequins.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:

Old January 12th 05, 05:01 PM
Charlie

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message

http://www.gopaintedponies.com/

It's so inspiring, and there's a lot of ideas there that would apply to
beadwork too, including one horse entirely covered in sequins.

These are cool. Our local china shop also does a range of similar pigs and
frogs! Theres a really cool chrome coloured frog with toast popping out
it's back...

Charlie.

Old January 12th 05, 05:14 PM
Diana Curtis

Can you picture a tabletop pony covered in peyote? OMG.. would that be
awesome!
Those are some wonderful equines.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 12th 05, 05:59 PM
Su/Cutworks

Charlie wrote:

http://www.gopaintedponies.com/

It's so inspiring, and there's a lot of ideas there that would apply to
beadwork too, including one horse entirely covered in sequins.

These are cool. Our local china shop also does a range of similar pigs

and
frogs! Theres a really cool chrome coloured frog with toast popping out
it's back...

I've seen wolves too.

I think there should be Painted Sheep for Wales and the North of England.
Manchester had a Cow Parade that was really cool.

-Su

Old January 12th 05, 07:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

Did you see the quad woman who painted one of the ponies? She has the
same level of injury as Kevin does!
http://www.gopaintedponies.com/profile.html
Fascinated me.
~ Sooz

Old January 12th 05, 07:26 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~Our local china shop also does a range of similar pigs and
frogs! Theres a really cool chrome coloured frog with toast popping out
it's back...~~~

They probably got them from the cities who've done the Ponies thing
with Frogs, and Pigs (there are also Cows, and San Francisco did
Hearts). They all licensed their theme critters (or organs), so
they're available in stores.

Old January 12th 05, 07:28 PM
Dr. Sooz

Did you ever see the Cow Creamer Challenge? (See Links List) You
should do the pony, Diana! It could be covered in thin slices of cane,
too. Or....BOTH at once.

Old January 12th 05, 07:37 PM
Diana Curtis

I think I did see the Cow Creamer series. Can resin be baked with poly on or
would the slices have to be applied prebaked.. hmmmmm
I wonder if we couldnt have a challenge along these lines. Find an
inexpensive, smaller type figure for everyone to embellish. The mind
boggles... no holds barred ... everything from altered page type work to
Crazy quilt.. bead embellishment to poly... gahhhhhh
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
ups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 07:42 PM
Dr. Sooz

Get out! I just posted it on a new thread!!

Old January 12th 05, 08:29 PM
Polly Stewart

Dr. Sooz wrote:
~~~Our local china shop also does a range of similar pigs and
frogs! Theres a really cool chrome coloured frog with toast popping out
it's back...~~~

They probably got them from the cities who've done the Ponies thing
with Frogs, and Pigs (there are also Cows, and San Francisco did
Hearts). They all licensed their theme critters (or organs), so
they're available in stores.

SW Louisiana does life size standing alligators...