What is seeded watermelon?

Old September 4th 03, 04:26 AM
Javahut

Default What is seeded watermelon?

BTW, do "pitted" prunes have pits in them?
--

Yup, and they are called "Plums" , I think...

And by the way, while I thought I too was a knowledgable fan of the
watermelon, an uncle of my wife was in MI from Arkansas and tells me there
are at least a dozen different kinds of watermelon, who would have thunk....

Old September 4th 03, 05:20 AM
Moonraker

Back when I was a freshman in college, one of my friends went home for the
weekend to visit family in SE Missouri, near the Ark state line. He came
back with a watermelon that filled the entire back seat of a '56 Mercury.
Thing must have weighed 200 lbs or more.....if any of you can remember a 56
Merc...the back seat was big enough to hold a small orgy.

Old September 4th 03, 02:19 PM
Mike Firth

I am not sure where you buy your watermelon, but the Carnival Food Store
down the street and the Minyard's (same chain owners) a mile away have
watermelon with seeds any time they have watermelon. If no other place, you
might go to your nearest farmer's market.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"nJb" wrote in message
My whole life I enjoyed the finest treat known. Watermelon. Oh boy,
watermelon. Then somebody or a group of somebody's came up with
"seedless" watermelon. A noble cause but I never tasted "seedless"
watermelon as good as the original ones, watermelons. The ones with
seeds. Maybe a few hundred more years of bio-engineering and they might
catch up. No problem.

But now I find I can no longer find my beloved watermelon. Seems I have
to choose between a "seedless" watermelon and a "seeded" watermelon. I
take it they mean watermelons with seeds. WATERMELONS ARE NOT SEEDED,
THE SEEDS WERE ALREADY IN THERE, AND THEY ARE CALLED WATERMELONS. That's
it. Watermelons. We have watermelons and we have "seedless" watermelons.
If I had my way, anyone referring to a watermelon as "seeded" would be
sentenced to a life without watermelon. They don't deserve such a fine
treat.

I feel much better.

BTW, do "pitted" prunes have pits in them?
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/

Old September 4th 03, 04:20 PM
nJb

Mike Firth wrote:

I am not sure where you buy your watermelon, but the Carnival Food Store
down the street and the Minyard's (same chain owners) a mile away have
watermelon with seeds any time they have watermelon. If no other place, you
might go to your nearest farmer's market.

Are they sold as watermelons or seeded watermelons? I can get
watermelons with seeds. They're no longer called watermelons here in
Utah, but "seeded" watermelons. As if I wasn't aware they had seeds.

Old September 4th 03, 04:23 PM
nJb

Javahut wrote:

BTW, do "pitted" prunes have pits in them?
--

Yup, and they are called "Plums" , I think...

And by the way, while I thought I too was a knowledgable fan of the
watermelon, an uncle of my wife was in MI from Arkansas and tells me there
are at least a dozen different kinds of watermelon, who would have thunk....

If you buy a box of pitted prunes, I assure you the pits have been
removed, or sposta been removed.

Old September 4th 03, 04:29 PM
nJb

Bryan wrote:

Hmmm....seems we're starting to talk about the seedier side of life
here. First glass, now fruit! What next, vegetables? But wait! if
it has seeds, isn't it a fruit?

No. If the edible part is the seed covering, it's a fruit. Except for
squash.

I can see this thread getting out of hand. Sorry.

Old September 4th 03, 07:14 PM
nJb

Charlie Spitzer wrote:

someone choked on a seed, sued successfully because it wasn't labeled to
have seeds, and now the lawyers insist on warnings. next you'll see labels
that state 'do not insert watermelon in ears or place on top of ladders'.

Speaking of ladders.

http://www.pacjc.org/Advocacy/Reiland.html

Old September 4th 03, 10:36 PM
Charlie Spitzer

and http://www.homehumor.com/insurance/lawsuits.shtml

http://www.homehumor.com/ is also pretty funny when read from the beginning.

Old September 5th 03, 12:19 AM
Javahut

"nJb" wrote in message
Javahut wrote:

BTW, do "pitted" prunes have pits in them?
--

Yup, and they are called "Plums" , I think...

And by the way, while I thought I too was a knowledgable fan of the
watermelon, an uncle of my wife was in MI from Arkansas and tells me

there
are at least a dozen different kinds of watermelon, who would have

thunk....

If you buy a box of pitted prunes, I assure you the pits have been
removed, or sposta been removed.

Oh geez, that was one of those how many animals did Moses have on the Ark?
Missed that pitted thingy. mausta been late at night.

What is seeded Glass? Sheellah Glass 4 September 4th 03 07:02 AM
AD: Watermelon Tourmaline Lampwork Juanita Floyd Beads 1 August 10th 03 06:28 PM