Do we have any travel agents here? - OT

Old December 1st 03, 05:37 PM
Tink

Default Do we have any travel agents here? - OT

Hey, drop me a note if you're a travel agent. I need some plane tickets.

:-)

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

Old December 1st 03, 07:13 PM
Karen_AZ

No offense to any possible travel agents out there, but really & truly,
Tink, 99% of the time you can score the best tickets by using a good online
service like Expedia or Orbitz. I've been a member of AAA since I was 16,
and my brother is a newly retired captain for American Airlines (formerly
TWA) and both my bro and the person I've gone to at AAA say I can get better
fares on my own online.

Unless you're desperate, avoid Priceline...it's a crapshoot and half the
time you get 2 or more layovers. I've used Orbitz since it started up a few
years back, and always get good fares and great service, even with weird
ticketing like sending my kids one-way on their own with me joining them
later.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old December 1st 03, 07:46 PM
EL

Ditto to what Karen says, and my sister is a travel agent. She routinely
tells me to go on line for tickets.

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old December 1st 03, 08:03 PM
Tink

Thanks for the good advice, guys! I've been buying airline tickets online
for years, but the prices seem a lot higher this time around. Guess it's
still the best deal, even if it's not as low as I'd like :-)

Old December 1st 03, 11:13 PM
Karen_AZ

Thanks for the good advice, guys! I've been buying airline tickets online
for years, but the prices seem a lot higher this time around. Guess it's
still the best deal, even if it's not as low as I'd like :-)

Oh man, tell me about the higher fares!!!!! Thank all the gods and little
fishes that my Mom treats us to our Christmas plane tix, or we'd be staying
here this year. I booked our tix Friday and they ended up being almost $200
EACH higher than last year. I found one possible lower price, but that was
for a flight that landed in Philly at 1:15 am. Adjusting for the time
change, that would still feel like 11 pm....plus the time to get our bags
and pick up a rental car and then drive 2 hours to Mom's. NO! We could fly
into Harrisburg and save on the car rental, but then I'd have to drive back
& forth twice to get the kids to my ex, and the fare is higher still, so
what we save on car rental gets eaten anyway. I swear, next year I'm making
everyone else come here! EG

Karen (who can't wait to decorate a cactus of her very own)

Old December 2nd 03, 02:50 AM
BeckiBead

lowestfare.com -- be your own agent. I always get the best rates there.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old December 2nd 03, 02:51 AM
BeckiBead

I have gone to the travel agents with a print out of what I found online. They
can't even match it.

Old December 2nd 03, 03:16 AM
Cheryl

Unless you're desperate, avoid Priceline...it's a crapshoot and half the
time you get 2 or more layovers. I've used Orbitz since it started up a few
years back, and always get good fares and great service, even with weird
ticketing like sending my kids one-way on their own with me joining them
later.

over the years-- I've never had great luck getting a good price ANYPLACE online

I always call the airline DIRECT and HAGGLE... .LOL

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 2nd 03, 03:45 AM
Tink

Well geez! I never thought of doing that. LOL! Seriously. I figured there
was no point. That will have to wait until I feel better. Need a little ****
and vinegar in my step, if you'll pardon the expression, to be able to carry
that off, I would think.