scottish quilt championships

Old August 9th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

Default scottish quilt championships

Anyone going to this event at Ingliston at the end of September? I am
planning on attending on the Friday and am thinking of booking a couple of
workshops too, assuming I can get hubby to agree to have both children all
day!! It'll be the first time I've been to a quilt show and I'm getting
quite excited!

morag

Old August 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Morag in Scotland" wrote:

Anyone going to this event at Ingliston at the end of September? I am
planning on attending on the Friday and am thinking of booking a couple of
workshops too, assuming I can get hubby to agree to have both children all
day!! It'll be the first time I've been to a quilt show and I'm getting
quite excited!

morag

I wish! G I'd love to visit Scotland -- especially with a quilt show
on the itinerary. Have a wonderful time!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 9th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Sounds like a good plan, Morag.
http://www.grosvenorexhibitions.co.u...ScotChamp.html
Of course he'll have the children all day; why not? They're his
(and fathers do NOT "babysit"). ;-D
Pick out your workshops, get signed up, and come back to tell us about it.
With pictures.
Good luck!

R/Sandy

Old August 9th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Morag in Scotland wrote:
Anyone going to this event at Ingliston at the end of September? I am
planning on attending on the Friday and am thinking of booking a couple
of workshops too, assuming I can get hubby to agree to have both
children all day!! It'll be the first time I've been to a quilt show and
I'm getting quite excited!

Good to know there are quilt shows that side of the pond! DH is
Scottish, to his great shame he married an English women, access to
quilting supplies and this kind of thing has been one of my worries
about returning to the UK! Though after the last few weeks I'm more
anxious about flooding, guess we'll look for properties on hills and you
can bet money that they will be going up in price!

Anne
Anne
Old August 9th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

I am thinking about doing the stained glass crazy patchwork class and then
the "eastern nights" class in the afternoon. Something a bit different, and
it gives me time to look around in between sessions.
morag

Old August 9th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Have a wonderful time, Morag.
..
In message , Morag in Scotland
writes
Anyone going to this event at Ingliston at the end of September? I am
planning on attending on the Friday and am thinking of booking a couple
of workshops too, assuming I can get hubby to agree to have both
children all day!! It'll be the first time I've been to a quilt show
and I'm getting quite excited!

morag

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 9th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

The largest show in the UK is next week.
It has well over 1000 quilts; several intact exhibitions of interesting
work; some 'famous' people demonstrating etc. It's in Birmingham.

In message , Anne Rogers
writes

Old August 10th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

The use of the word, "championships" with regard to a quilt show amuses me.
I tend to think of championships as a sports related term. So I'm
envisioning frantic quilters racing against each other to piece or quilt
faster than the others. Or seeing who can cut the most strips within a
certain amount of time. What other "races" can we dream up??

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old August 10th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

How about 'the longest chain' piecing in the shortest time? jennellh

remove "nospam" before mchsihttp://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz"Patti" wrote in message

The largest show in the UK is next week.
It has well over 1000 quilts; several intact exhibitions of interesting
work; some 'famous' people demonstrating etc. It's in Birmingham.

In message , Anne Rogers
writes

Good to know there are quilt shows that side of the pond! DH is Scottish,
to his great shame he married an English women, access to quilting
supplies and this kind of thing has been one of my worries about returning
to the UK! Though after the last few weeks I'm more anxious about
flooding, guess we'll look for properties on hills and you can bet money
that they will be going up in price!

Anne
Anne

--