Links to 'all' quilty calculations

Old August 7th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default Links to 'all' quilty calculations

http://www.needlepointers.com/ShowAr...spx?NavID=1009 and that's
not all! There are multiple links to ideas for all things quilty.
Enjoy. jennellh (change the mail to news)

Old August 7th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article . com,
jennellh wrote:

http://www.needlepointers.com/ShowAr...spx?NavID=1009 and that's
not all! There are multiple links to ideas for all things quilty.
Enjoy. jennellh (change the mail to news)

*Bookmarked*!!!

Thank you SEW much, Jennellh!! That'll come in REAL handy!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 7th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Another brilliantly ferreted site, Jen. You're on a roll!
..
In message . com,
jennellh writes
http://www.needlepointers.com/ShowAr...spx?NavID=1009 and that's
not all! There are multiple links to ideas for all things quilty.
Enjoy. jennellh (change the mail to news)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 7th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I try Pat, I try! All I wanted to find today was an idea to quilt the
'tree bark' border on Shambles. I am thinking of doing some sort of
leash thing - loopdy loops with applique??? jennellh

On Aug 7, 3:03 pm, Patti wrote:
Another brilliantly ferreted site, Jen. You're on a roll!
.
In message . com,
jennellh writes

Old August 7th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh! if you decide to do a leash thing, can I suggest ever such a handy
way of doing such curved appliqué?
Here goes, I'll try to describe it as well as Pati always does.

I think it is known as bias strip appliqué?
Decide how wide you want your 'leash' (or flower stem etc) to be. Cut
bias strips for as long as you need and more than twice as wide as you
want (they can be as wide as you like! but you just get more to cut
away; but it doesn't have to be accurate). Fold the strip in half,
right sides out, and press. Using your presser foot as a guide to the
width you want, following the *folded* edge, sew the strip to your
fabric in a curvy line - if you don't need it to be in a particular
'pattern' just curve as you go.
When you have finished, trim very close to the machine stitching - well
it can go down to about an eighth - you could trim each surplus to a
different width like they do for dressmaking, if you wanted to eliminate
lumps. Then gently fold the strip over the machine stitching and raw
edges and catch it down: I would do it by hand, but I think the usual
methods of invisible machine appliqué, such as a narrow blind hem
stitch, would also be fine. You can get quite a narrow strip by the
method - I think I got down to just over an eighth finished - but
there's no need to.
It is such a useful little 'trick' to learn. I've used it lots of times
- and it is honestly very easy.
..
In message om,
jennellh writes

Old August 8th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

[...]

Pat, honestly, that's a great explanation. I've heard of this technique
before, but it has never "clicked" with me until now! Thanks!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 8th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thanks Pat for the stem bias applique explanation - I am leaning more
and more towards doing the leash - I know that somewhere, I also have
the hardware parts of a leash that I could attach to the business end
of things. I was mulling over various ways of making the leash this
afternoon and thinking about the possible fabrics in the stash that
might work for it - its amazing how a small bias strip changes in
appearance from the original bolt. I had an email from my friend so
that means, she has returned from her week in the UK (she had thrown a
surprise 80th birthday party for her Mum in Yorkshire) - I'm hoping
that she remembered to buy my pear drops! jennellh

Old August 8th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Thank you for the compliment. It makes my day.... G

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old August 8th 07, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh, Good!
Thanks Sandy.
..
In message
,
Sandy writes

Up to something quilty Debra Quilting 3 January 16th 07 01:01 AM
A quilty day julia sidebottom Quilting 5 August 24th 06 06:01 PM
Quilty Day Tina Quilting 11 May 20th 05 04:30 PM
Attn crafters - invitation to trade links, post your art links beyondenchanted Needlework 1 April 19th 05 10:56 AM
I did something quilty! Dianne & Greg Quilting 11 August 5th 03 10:34 PM