Test

Old July 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
Katherine Burgess

Default Test

There have been no posts since earlier this afternoon, and I can't believe
it, so I am trying now.
No need to reply.
Katherine

Old July 23rd 03, 10:24 PM
SlinkyToy

I just sat down to catch up

I have...

Spun and plied a bobbin of Corrie. One bump to go and I'll have the sweater
spun, then comes the hard part - knitting it!
Cleaned the boy's room and hauled two boxes of toys and a box of books to
the women's shelter resale store
Called UK to give over my CC info so that my new-old wheel can ship this
week

I'd like to...

Have a nap
And did I mention I'd like to have a nap? I don't see that happening,
however.

Must go collect the small boy!

Old July 23rd 03, 10:57 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Posts do slow down in the summer time what with vacations and such. I was
off playing at the local yarn store and then going nuts at the orchard.
Bought 2 kinds of peaches, tiny plums, sweet cherries, a muskmelon, and 6
ears of corn. All for 2 people. These newer varieties of sweet corn do
keep well in the fridge, so that's 3 nights with corn for supper. I knew I
was heading for the orchard, so I had my yarn set aside to come back later
when I realized how low I was on cash. Come to find out the orchard now
takes credit cards, so I could have brought the yarn home today, after all.
Oh well. The LYS will have my knit shopping bag on show as a model to sell
that pattern for a week, just so long as they don't sell the yarn in it!
She hung it up near the yarn it's made from.

| On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:05:58 -0300, "Katherine Burgess" wrote:

OK, it is here, so I guess that everybody else has a life. g
Katherine

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message
There have been no posts since earlier this afternoon, and I can't believe
it, so I am trying now.
No need to reply.
Katherine

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old July 24th 03, 02:25 AM
Katherine Burgess

Gwen
I can't remember eating corn when we lived in Sydney. Somehow, I don't think
that Grandmama would have allowed it. g
It is great to be back. I have done the laundry, and plan to start serious
unpacking tomorrow. I have put away some small things, but have much to do!
Actually, it MAY wait until Friday, as the weather is supposed to be nice
tomorrow and raining on Friday, so that could be a better day for staying in
and unpacking.
Katherine

"G.Kelly" wrote in message
Katherine it is good to have you back. You make me drool - there is no
corn like the North American corn - we have - and enjoy- our corn but
compared to yours it should be given to the parrots !!! God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message
Yum! Sounds like you had a great day, Helen. We don't have corn yet, but
soon!
Katherine

Old July 24th 03, 02:47 AM
G.Kelly

Katherine the worst part of a holiday is the unpacking !! Packing is fun
but unpacking? ugh!

I think back in pre and early post war years corn on the cob was simply not
heard of in Australia but our diet changed remarkably when all the New
Australians arrived after the war and I think corn on the cob was one of
the new ideas. However, either the growers do not have the same strains
or they leave it on the plant too long or something because it is never so
sweet and juicy as yours. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old July 24th 03, 04:37 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "G.Kelly"
wrote:

Katherine it is good to have you back. You make me drool - there is no
corn like the North American corn - we have - and enjoy- our corn but
compared to yours it should be given to the parrots !!! God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Sweet Gwen, you certainly had me laughing....you see that is just what
Otto thinks of corn....."chicken feed" I love it but we do not eat it
very often unles we have company......

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 24th 03, 04:38 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

Gwen
I can't remember eating corn when we lived in Sydney. Somehow, I don't think
that Grandmama would have allowed it. g
It is great to be back. I have done the laundry, and plan to start serious
unpacking tomorrow. I have put away some small things, but have much to do!
Actually, it MAY wait until Friday, as the weather is supposed to be nice
tomorrow and raining on Friday, so that could be a better day for staying in
and unpacking.
Katherine

Ahh do I hear an excuse for not getting on with the unpacking....????

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 24th 03, 04:40 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "G.Kelly"
wrote:

Katherine the worst part of a holiday is the unpacking !! Packing is fun
but unpacking? ugh!

I think back in pre and early post war years corn on the cob was simply not
heard of in Australia but our diet changed remarkably when all the New
Australians arrived after the war and I think corn on the cob was one of
the new ideas. However, either the growers do not have the same strains
or they leave it on the plant too long or something because it is never so
sweet and juicy as yours. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Gwen we have the last 10 years or so a new variety of corn....called
peaches and cream, and to honest with you I do find it way to sweer, I
like the old varieties much better. They had a bit more character, and
were not so overly sweet

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

compatibility test nimu Glass 2 December 28th 04 03:06 PM
knot test of the EDK O J Knots 5 April 27th 04 11:39 PM
question for all you experienced mothers Dr. Quilter Quilting 47 August 31st 03 01:56 AM
OT Story - Driving Test Follies Kandice Seeber Beads 9 July 23rd 03 02:27 AM