RCTN activity

Old February 13th 13, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jacqueline[_3_]

Default RCTN activity

Is it my newsreader, or are there only a few posts a day? Until
recently, I hadn't been active here for several years, and back then
there were maybe 25 - 50 posts a day (very rough estimate!). Is it
really that quiet now?

Jacqueline in Middlemount QLD
Old February 13th 13, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
And it's a self fulling prophecy, no nothing here, so I don't wonder
back the next day or post that day, 'cause no one's here...

Yeah. I used to do a lot of responding rather than topic-starting, and
if there's only one post a day, that means I'm not adding 20 responses.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/1/12 - crocheted baby blanket, hat, sweater and skirt

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

Old February 13th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_2_]

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:54:29 AM UTC-8, Jacqueline wrote:
Is it my newsreader, or are there only a few posts a day? Until

recently, I hadn't been active here for several years, and back then

there were maybe 25 - 50 posts a day (very rough estimate!). Is it

really that quiet now?

Jacqueline in Middlemount QLD

I recently found my way back myself. I'm on Facebook but use rctn for my stitching fixes! For a quick fill in:

I became a great aunt in August (even found the MLI baby in a basket chart that I had bought on sale YEARS ago) and now have to frame it, stitched "Farmer John" on a denim style bib that is now to small for Baby John to wear and stitched a tabletopper for Baby's mom, who married my nephew last March.. I've not actually met her because they live in Hawaii but my sister says "she's a wonderful girl". It's always nice when the mother in law thinks the new wife is wonderful! :-)

Rescued a (supposedly) 10 year old Turkish Angora cat in May and, fortunately, was able to find him an EXCELLENT Forever Home in November. He wasn't hypoallergenic like Fichu (our half Turkish Angora) is but he has a really sweet personality and a huge purr. Our two girls WERE NOT letting him settle in so we were starting to have inappropriate barf and poop issues. His new family is very happy with him and, being the only child in his new home, there have been no "issues" of any kind so everyone is happy.

Twerp (our 2 year old female) had us chasing her around the house this week after biting off about a foot of Caron Watercolors from a tabletopper project that I had stupidly left next to my chair without folding it with the dangling thread inside. FORTUNATELY for all of us, she spit it out rather than trying to swallow it so we were spared a trip to the vet hospital! Sheesh! There can't be a loose thread anywhere in the house and I have to tie the handles on my needlework bags to keep her out of them. It's a small price to pay for the "therapy" of watching the two girls chase each other up and down the hall or check out the firewood stacked next to the stove or look out the window at the turkeys or just sit and be cute. :-) In between, I'm reading 'An Irish Country Wedding", the Molly Murphy mysteries from Rhys Bowen and just re-read 'Skeleton in the Closet' while waiting for the next Hamish MacBeth book to arrive at the library.
Liz from Humbut

Old February 14th 13, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jacqueline[_3_]

I guess there are too many like myself, who found that life got in the
way of stitching. Sad really, because this was such an amazing
resource back in the day. RCTN taught me so much about fabrics,
threads, stitches, patterns, designers, LNSs, tools, techniques, &
styles; I've dabbled in so many types of embroidery now that I can't
remember all of them anymore, LOL!

Jacqueline in Middlemount QLD

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:11:31 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 2/13/13 5:50 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:54:29 +1000,
wrote:

Is it my newsreader, or are there only a few posts a day? Until
recently, I hadn't been active here for several years, and back then
there were maybe 25 - 50 posts a day (very rough estimate!). Is it
really that quiet now?

Jacqueline in Middlemount QLD

Pretty much - usenet in general is suffering but FB seems to be more
attractive - we are the remnants who can't tolerate FB lol

And it's a self fulling prophecy, no nothing here, so I don't wonder
back the next day or post that day, 'cause no one's here...

Will try and post more - We are busy here in the Isaak household -
hockey, school, work and I'm trying to clean out the basement some. I've
been having a fair bit of luck. Sent over 100 books to the library sale
room, a bunch of old data books to the "got books" dump. Still have a
huge box to go Margaret to look over my 70's and 80's vintage science
fiction.

Old February 15th 13, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Hey Liz from Humbug

I'm on FB if you want to send me an friend request.