Hug Quilt - James Byrd Jr.family (1998)

Old August 7th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall

Default Hug Quilt - James Byrd Jr.family (1998)

This group made a hug quilt for the James Byrd Jr. family about 8 or 9
years ago - (Mr. Byrd was the guy from Jasper, TX who was chained to a
truck and dragged to his death). Does anybody know if there are any
links online to pictures of the quilt? I know there was a newspaper
article when the quilt was presented to Mrs. Byrd.
TIA!
Mickie

Old August 7th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am sure Sandy can help. (ragmop sandy that is)

It is on Teri's hug quilt page too I bet.
I looked here it is Mickie:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/jamesbyrd

Taria

Old August 7th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mickie Swall

On Aug 7, 5:40 pm, Taria wrote:
I am sure Sandy can help. (ragmop sandy that is)
It is on Teri's hug quilt page too I bet.
I looked here it is Mickie:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/jamesbyrd

Taria

Thank you very much, Taria! I was hoping it was still out there,
and thanks to Teri too, for having all the hugs on a website.

Mickie

Old August 7th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

What a moving experience to go through those photos. Everyone does know
that if you click on any Hug quilt, you can see all the photos associated
with it, right? This was a touching presentation, and I'm so glad the media
was there.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 7th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article kF5ui.1833$Aj6.477@trnddc01, Taria
wrote:

I am sure Sandy can help. (ragmop sandy that is)

It is on Teri's hug quilt page too I bet.
I looked here it is Mickie:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/jamesbyrd

Taria

WOW!! What a beautiful, though tragic story. This sure is an amazing
group!!! I'm so lucky to have found ya'll!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 8th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Hug Quilt - James Byrd Jr. family (1999)

Howdy!

Thanks for the reminder.

The blocks:
http://members.fortunecity.com/sisks...uilt/photo.htm

http://members.fortunecity.com/sisks...iliationquilt/
(thanks to Susan Sisk)
The story:
http://members.fortunecity.com/sisks...t/foreword.htm

Many of the block-makers sent in a paper copy of their hands,
Peggy transferred those to the quilt border so RCTQ handprints
are on the quilt.
I went out to Quinlan one day to visit w/ Peggy, she sat me
down w/ the quilt & we both quilted some of those handprints
onto the border. It was a delightful visit, and an honor
to be a part of this project.

R/Sandy