META: Number of posts on RCTN.

Old January 6th 04, 03:53 PM
Kathleen

Alison wrote in
:

The LNS is Strawberry Sampler, a very nice shop except - no bathroom!
This may seem petty to you but it's important when you're driving from
afar (about 2 1/2 hours in my case.)

Alison

And woe to you if you've been dropped off by dh, the public facility out
back is locked, and you've just driven the couple of hours to the shop,
like I did. : / FWIW, there is a huge mall just down the road with very
nice restrooms, wonder how I know......?

Kathleen
Old January 6th 04, 07:05 PM
LTuros41

BTDT, too.. Nice shop. big shop. busy shop. after driving for 2 hours.. no
restroom. Pity. may never go back for that reason. Linda
Old January 10th 04, 11:39 PM
Debra

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:23:28 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

And thanks for doing for me! But in my case, train or slot car shops would
work better!
And I thought of the one thing I'd really need - a "day care" area!
Cheryl

Though not a real LNS, there was a hobby shop a mere 30 minutes drive
from me that had a selection of needlepoint, cross stitch, art
supplies, model cars, trains (several scales), and a huge slot car
track. I really miss that place.
Debra in VA
Old January 16th 04, 04:07 PM
Brenda Lewis

And since this whole discussion was started by customers complaining
about store hours *not* shop owners complaining about lack of business,
I guess things must be just fine for the shops. If things aren't good
for them, they will either change or close. It is the owner's choice,
not the customers'.

Chrysta Wilson wrote:
Of course they do, but then they also have to live with the consequences
of the choice. There's a reason why "rush hour" is the time that it
is...the majority of people work until 5:00. If a shop owner wants to
close at 5:00 too, fine, but don't expect working people who get done at
5:00 to be able to shop there. It's a shame for local businesses, but
that's the way it is. Unfortunately, the owners of any business would be
wise to deal with the world the way it is, not the way they'd like it to
be.

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar