update on grandson, thanks

Old June 26th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Default update on grandson, thanks

Well, ladies I'm sure your prayers have helped yet again.

Believe it or not DGS has been sent home this morning!
Open heart surgery on Monday and home on Thurs! Amazing!

According to Mom, his color is now normal (hasn't been for some time),
spirits seems good, but he is still in considerable pain from his ribs and
they have been told to expect this for some weeks. He has been going for
short walks around his hospital room and into the hall way. He can not sit
up by himself yet or get in or out of bed and since he knows it is going to
hurt to have someone lift him, he panics whenever it is time to get up for
the bathroom or a walk. His Mom is very nervous about taking him home (they
live 2 hours away from hospital, I had thought it was only 1), but the docs
said he was good to go.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old June 26th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Marilyn, I know a little something about that 'getting up' pain. After his
bypass, DH had a sort of canvas band around his chest and when he needed to
sit up or lie back, he grasped the handles on it. Don't exactly know how
that works but it was such a help somehow to keep those mending painful ribs
from just killing him. If there's not a 'little fellow' size available, you
can bet we'll help you figure out how to make one. Anyone know what I'm
talking about? Polly

Old June 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Wow Marilyn -

That is some fantastic news. Will continue to keep him in my thoughts and
prayers as he recovers.

Cindy from MO

Old June 26th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

excellent progress all the way around with the wee lad,
Marilyn.
amazing how quick they get them moving these days, eh.
as for getting up just to have a pee...
when ds was in hospital back in '01 with meningitis, he
couldnt move from total lack of energy from lack of food
intact for nearly a week when he was sick (before he got
into hospital, was drugged enough to kill the bug, then got
his appetite back and ate enough to start putting back all
the weight he'd lost).
tho he wasnt poo'n, he was pee'n so they gave him a thing he
could just pee into, doesnt spill, then someone emptys and
rinses it out for the next time. no getting up or moving at
all, just shove it in and pee.
sorry to be so graphic but that is how it worked and it
worked a treat for him. it was a good week before he could
move much at all. ten days before we got him into a
wheelchair for a sitdown shower. my boy was soooooooo thin
it scared me to bits, still is and still does. after that he
started leaning into vegetarian, now he is total vegan. it
aint easy when dh and i eat meat, tho not a lot, we do eat
all the other animal stuff (milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs). now
we buy two different lots of food and cook both too. argh.
oh well.
try some kind of rinseable plastic thing with a smallish
opening.
fwiw,
j.

"Marigold" wrote...

Old June 27th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Good news is always a great way to start the day! I'll keep your boy in
prayers.

--
Pat in VA/USA

Old June 27th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

Thank God and prayers for his on going recovery.
Hugs
--
Jane http://windigothreads.shutterfly.com

update on grandson Marigold Quilting 10 July 4th 08 04:41 AM
OT - I have a new grandson TerriLee in WA \(state\) Quilting 9 June 24th 07 04:59 AM
Grandson # 2 is finally here...& My health update Royce Quilting 5 January 9th 05 07:29 PM
First Grandson on the way! aeromom Needlework 4 February 17th 04 02:57 PM