Not working still

Old May 3rd 07, 10:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Carol In WI

Default Not working still

Still can't get messages, I un-subscribed, re-subscribed, reset, compacted.
I guess Road Runner will be getting a call. Carol In WI

Old May 4th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Carol In WI" wrote in message
Still can't get messages, I un-subscribed, re-subscribed, reset,
compacted. I guess Road Runner will be getting a call. Carol In WI

Carol

(1) Un-subscribe from the RCTN newsgroup.
(2) Clean out your temporary internet file folder.
(3) Unless you really need them clean out your
cookies folder.
I do (2 & 3) at least 4 times a day. Use the
"disk cleanup" program on your computer.
(4) Re-boot your computer.
(5) Connect to your ISP (roadrunner??) and
re-subscribe to RCTN newsgroup.
(6) Click on the "RCTN newsgroup folder",
click on "Properties", set the synchronization
to "All Messages"
(7) Click on "Tools" then click on "Get Next
500 Headers" at least once or twice.
Your ISP should download 500 to a 1000
RCTN message headers and the messages.
You will probably see a number in brackets
to the right of the RCTN newsgroup folder
that indicates how many messages are being
cached by your ISP - my guess is close to
20,000.

Re-boot your computer.

If the above doesn't work you could try
restoring your computer (use system restore
program) to a date of a few days ago.
i.e. May 1, 2007. I'm not 100% sure that
the system restore program will reset O.E.

I usually find that when Pcs act up it is a
result of adding/downloading a recent
program or game. If this is your case then
using system restore or uninstalling the most
recent added/downloaded program or game
works.

Good Luck

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.