sorta OT - how to iron a suit jacket??

Old January 13th 05, 02:13 PM
the Delong Family

Default sorta OT - how to iron a suit jacket??

I've no problems with the slacks, but the jacket is
another story...
Heather
Old January 22nd 05, 01:11 AM

what are the problems? I would approach it the same way I do while
sewing a jacket. what is the fiber? Lining? are you confused
about the shape?

Kate, http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!) Nothing is more
conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all. ~
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Looking for a thinking moms list? see

Old January 24th 05, 02:51 PM
the Delong Family

The suit is part poly, part wool fabric. The lining is
the usual poly satin like lining fabric. After hanging
( this does not get worn often ) there are wrinkles in
the back fabric that run from the shoulder down towards
the middle of the back. There are also some on the
front of the jacket. I do keep it covered from dust
and hung on a shaped wooden hanger (the one that came
with the suit). I'm looking for ironing tips to keep it
fresh looking when necessary. Would padding the hanger
possibly help with this?
I've never sewn a suit jacket before, so I do not have
that knowledge to draw upon.
heather

auto-off iron solution theys Quilting 3 December 5th 04 06:21 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:10 PM
FS: Vintage Singer Featherweight Iron -- Best Piecing Iron Available! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 08:09 PM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
Iron kvetching was Re Happy ending for Joann coupon. Elena Quilting 7 July 13th 03 08:48 AM