Pet peeves when looking at auctions

Old January 16th 05, 02:06 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Pet peeves when looking at auctions

Ok, it applies equally to every place I've been, that people who list beads
will show a LOT of beads, either glass or semi-precious or whatever, and
only be offering ten or twenty when the photo shows a hundred.

It's so hard to sit and imagine what the amount offered looks like when
there's a profusion of beads in the photo. Yes, I know it looks nice but
it's just not fair and generally if someone does that I don't like buying
from them. I really prefer WYSIWYG.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman on JustBeads:

Old January 16th 05, 03:12 PM
Peggy

I agree!

If I'm going to purchase a few beads from someone who shows a photo of a ton
of beads, I might as well purchase from a catalog. I understand that when
the beads that I purchase are mass produced (crystal, for example) the
seller cannot snap a photo of every 50-bead set, but one photo showing 50
beads doesn't seem too much to ask.

When the quantity shown and the quantity offered are really out of sync,
I've sometimes even wondered whether the seller is showing a photo of tons
of beads to hide flaws. If the seller took a picture of fewer beads, it
would have to be more of a close up. Is there something that the seller
doesn't want me to see? When I start to think like that, I'm not buying.

Old January 16th 05, 06:42 PM
Carolyn Nelson

"Peggy" wrote in message
I agree!

If I'm going to purchase a few beads from someone who shows a photo of a
ton of beads, I might as well purchase from a catalog. I understand that
when the beads that I purchase are mass produced (crystal, for example)
the seller cannot snap a photo of every 50-bead set, but one photo showing
50 beads doesn't seem too much to ask.

When the quantity shown and the quantity offered are really out of sync,

I agree also; I sell beads on eBay and have always pictured just what I'm
selling. I went to another auction this week to look for some beads I needed
and was very frustrated by the situation with the pictures and also a lack
of any further description other that what is in the title. I usually just
pass these up because I don't have time to sort out what is actually being
sold. gmcarolyn

Old January 17th 05, 06:18 PM
Empress Beads

I completely agree. I try to take my pictures with only the beads that will
be won. Because I do not like it when people misreprent beads offered
either. If anything I might show a picture of less beads to get more detail
and include in the description how many you will win.

Please take a look at my auctions and let me know what you think. I am
always tweaking them a little here and there to make them better.
Thanks
Amy
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZempressbeads

Old January 17th 05, 06:40 PM
Empress Beads

"I've sometimes even wondered whether the seller is showing a photo of tons
of beads to hide flaws"

That is why I like to take close ups of my silver beads. Because there are
slight imperfections because they are handmade, but at the same time that is
what makes them unique and I know people like that about them. I like
people to know what they are going to get. I do try to go through and take
out the ones missing a ball or part of a bead. I dont want to decive my
customers on purpose.

When a customer is not happy with a product, I try to find out why and them
what I can do to change the description or the picture to make it more
clear. Because if they are not happy I might have future ones not happy.

I would email the seller and tell them what you think. They may change
their descriptions and or photos to better reflect what they are selling.

Thanks
Amy
http://www.empressbeads.com

Old January 17th 05, 06:51 PM
maryluna

LOL, what bugs me even more is when the *actual* amount you're getting
is buried deep in 12 paragraphs of extra large text (they're probably
hoping no one will read). ;-)

Mary T. 8-)

Aunt Molly's Bead Street
http://www.flash.net/~mjtafoya/
eBay: seriousbeader

Old January 17th 05, 07:10 PM
Peggy

I would email the seller and tell them what you think. They may change
their descriptions and or photos to better reflect what they are selling.

That's a good idea if the item is unique, but if it's commonly available I
just look for another seller. The only exception would be if I knew the
seller and also knew that s/he would appreciate constructive criticism.

That may sound harsh and unhelpful, but I'd bet that lots of buyers react
exactly the way I do when they encounter a confusing ad. I'm incredibly
busy. When I go shopping, all I want to do is buy something. I don't want
to have to help sell it.

Old January 17th 05, 07:12 PM
Su/Cutworks

Amy wrote:

I completely agree. I try to take my pictures with only the beads that

will
be won. Because I do not like it when people misreprent beads offered
either. If anything I might show a picture of less beads to get more

detail
and include in the description how many you will win.

Please take a look at my auctions and let me know what you think. I am
always tweaking them a little here and there to make them better.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZempressbeads

I like the way you put the strands in a spiral, it makes them look
effective, rich and still shows exactly what you're getting. Very nicely
done.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthetillermanbeads

Old January 21st 05, 05:09 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yes, I completely agree with you; another thing that is kind of petty
but still totally drives me nuts is if the seller shows the ebads
pictured strung with spacer beads but then says in the auction "spacer
beads are not included".

I want to email them and say, look, either buy quantities of cheap
spacers you don't mind parting with, or don't show them! I mean, is it
even worth the time to take the set apart so you can keep the spacers???

http://www.beadwife.com
Old January 21st 05, 07:17 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, I completely agree!!