Kay Montclare & Museum Masterpieces Pattern Books

Old April 8th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bree

Default Kay Montclare & Museum Masterpieces Pattern Books

Kay Montclare, who sold charts of antique samplers from museums, died
a few years ago. Reports on the web indicate that her grandson sold
all her books to a used bookseller who sold them; thus there is
nothing left.
I have several of her charts, but was intending to buy more. Since
they are now gone and, I assume, the copyright is also, I thought all
of her fans could exchange copies of what they have and trade them.
Anyone interestested?
Old April 8th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"bree" wrote
Kay Montclare, who sold charts of antique samplers from museums, died
a few years ago. Reports on the web indicate that her grandson sold
all her books to a used bookseller who sold them; thus there is
nothing left.
I have several of her charts, but was intending to buy more. Since
they are now gone and, I assume, the copyright is also, I thought all
of her fans could exchange copies of what they have and trade them.
Anyone interestested?

A word of caution--don't assume copyright died because the author dies. In
the normal course, it survives for 70 years after the author's death.

Dawne

Old April 8th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat in Illinois

The copyright is not gone. It is in force for many years after the
books were originally printed, even if the author is dead and no one
chooses to print them.

Kay did all her designs from photographs from museum catalogs and such,
so the colors and stitches are not always 100% accurate reproductions.
Something to be aware of.

There is certainly no problem with trading the originals but her family
might not be happy if they find out lots of copies are being made and
traded. You can often find her original stuff on eBay.

Pat in Illinois

Old December 2nd 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Johnston86

Johnston86 had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/K...oks-51566-.htm
:

bree wrote:

Kay Montclare, who sold charts of antique samplers from museums, died
a few years ago. Reports on the web indicate that her grandson sold
all her books to a used bookseller who sold them; thus there is
nothing left.
I have several of her charts, but was intending to buy more. Since
they are now gone and, I assume, the copyright is also, I thought all
of her fans could exchange copies of what they have and trade them.
Anyone interestested?

-------------------------------------

Hello everybody my name is Kayedee. I am Kay Montclare,s Great-grand
daughter. I have been missing her lately so I decided to look up her name
to see if anything came up. I found this site the most and have read some
pretty interesting things. I would like to clear some things up for people
nothing of hers has EVER been sold EVER!! And the copyright is indeed
still intact. I dont know where you have read all of this information but
it is un true. Thanks for taking time to read this!

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.needlework - 52945 messages and counting!
Old December 2nd 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Johnston86

Johnston86 had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/K...oks-51566-.htm
:

Hello everybody my name is Kayedee. I am Kay Montclare,s Great-grand
daughter. I have been missing her lately so I decided to look up her name
to see if anything came up. I found this site the most and have read some
pretty interesting things. I would like to clear some things up for people
nothing of hers has EVER been sold EVER!! And the copyright is indeed
still intact. I dont know where you have read all of this information but
it is un true. Thanks for taking time to read this!

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.needlework - 52946 messages and counting!
Old December 8th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

Halo Granddaughter of Late kind Kay ,
I remember her kindness , She was a nice person.
mirjam
from Israel
Old March 11th 12, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
csc7

responding to
csc7 wrote:

Johnston86 wrote:

Johnston86 had written this in response to

http://www.sewgirls.com/needlework/K...oks-51566-.htm
:

Hello everybody my name is Kayedee. I am Kay Montclare,s Great-grand
daughter. I have been missing her lately so I decided to look up her
name
to see if anything came up. I found this site the most and have read
some
pretty interesting things. I would like to clear some things up for
people
nothing of hers has EVER been sold EVER!! And the copyright is indeed
still intact. I dont know where you have read all of this information
but
it is un true. Thanks for taking time to read this!

Delivered via
http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
Web and RSS access to your
favorite newsgroup -
rec.crafts.textiles.needlework - 52946 messages and
counting!

-------------------------------------
I was so sorry to learn of your Great Grandmother's passing, Kayedee. She
really was a very nice, and very talented lady, and is greatly missed
within the needle arts community.

Could you tell me whether your family has any plans to begin publishing
her work again, or to sell the rights so that someone could continue her
wonderful work?

Old March 11th 12, 11:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:34:07 AM UTC+2, Johnston86 wrote:
Hallo to you Great Granddaughter. many years ago i exchanged some nice Emails with your Great Grandmother, she told me about her work in the Museum , I remember her as a kind writer, and she was interested in my fiberart.
..
mirjam
www.fibersiv.net

Sewing Supplies, Books, Patterns, Pattern Books.. tinkerbell Needlework 0 March 9th 08 02:51 AM
Kay Montclare? Kermit Needlework 2 January 3rd 08 05:10 PM
R.I.P. Kay Montclare Jeanine3 Needlework 3 December 9th 05 05:26 AM
Kay MOntclare Tannia Needlework 1 September 6th 05 08:30 PM
"Lot" of Eleven Vintage Craft books for sale: Crochet and Knitting Pattern books and magazines Lynnette Monrean Marketplace 0 May 15th 04 08:15 PM