Another exciting website find!

Old July 3rd 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default Another exciting website find!

It wasn't about fabric, but I had a dream that cost me $100 yesterday.

On Monday, I had a few extra minutes while running errands and I stopped at
an antique mall in town. I can sometimes find great stuff like tatting and
linen napkins and old quilts that I tell myself I will cut up for pillows
and fun stuff and then can never bring myself to cut up.

Anyway, I was poking around and found this child size roll top desk in
perfect condition. It was pine and it was used, but the roll top worked
great and it had little cubbies inside and it was just darling. The booth
owner had $150 originally, marked down to $100. I thought, "oh, how cute!
Where would I put it?" AND WALKED AWAY!

The next night, I woke up at 2 in the morning screaming at myself! It was
$100, you idiot! What's WRONG with you?

The next morning I was parked in front of the store when it opened. I raced
to the back holding my breath. It was still there. Whew!

Anyway, it came home with me and I found a perfect place for it.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Hitty dolls, but I have one
from Gail Wilson and I am in the process of making all the little furniture
that goes with Hitty. I am going to display it in my little desk. I will
get a picture up later this afternoon.

So yeah, the desk called out to me to buy it.

Cindy
"Butterflywings" wrote in message
But but but nzlstar

have you never had any fabric YELLING AT YOU??????

And you didn't buy it and that night you DREAMT that it was sitting on a
shelf CRYING for you to come rescue it before it got 'cut up' by some
uncaring clerk?

Tut tut tut

Butterfly (Maybe the fabric Down Under is just too tired to care after
it's long trip)

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
no self control?
give me a break. you have a good size stash i hope.
therefore you have brilliant self control.
control to buy any and all beautiful fabric that your wallet can afford.
no self control, my patootie, hrmph.
)
snorfle,
j.

"teleflora" wrote...
That I have no self control?
Cindy

"nzlstar*" wrote...
and your point is???
j.

"teleflora" wrote...
There was no tossing of the coins. I didn't do a stinkin thing today!
Cindy

Old July 4th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

rofl.
if it yells at me i buy it.
one really screamed at me and grabbed me as i walked past so
innocently in Ohio.
it is green/white leaves that look like it is batik, tho i
dont think it is.
good quality Northcott at Hobby Lobby for only $3 a yard, i
bought 6 yards.
wish now i'd bought all there was. it is gorgeous. i wore
that one home.
i've still not cut into it tho. much too pretty. maybe when
i go they can wrap me up in it.
somehow i dont think dd or anyone else will want all the
fabric i've accumulated here.
shrug,
j.

"Butterflywings" wrote...