Brother Disney SE-270D Sewing and embroidery

Old January 14th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchy Stitcher

Default Brother Disney SE-270D Sewing and embroidery

I don't have this particular machine, but I have had 4 Brother
embroidery machines - the PE 100, PE 200, PE 8200 and now the Innovis.
I have sold the 100 and 200, but still have the 8200 and Innovis. They
are easy to use and very intuitive. The only problem I had was the
initial tension on the 200, but it was very easy to fix myself. All
embroidery machines are somewhat finicky and in most situations you
will find that you spend a fortune on supplies. Good thread and
stabilizers are a must and are not cheap. I thi nk the 270 has the
same basic innards as the 100 and 200 but without some of the
features.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:47:05 -0500, Jacqueline in KY quilter at
mountain-breeze dot com wrote:

I posted this to another topic the one two items I would really like
to have and only got one response. May be only one knows about this
machine. I would love to hear what others have to say about it and
also where I can get the thread for it, etc. I am at a lost as to the
thread and stuff.

I found a brother Disney embroidery machine on ebay at a reasonable
price, new, with warranty and all and I bought it. I hope it is a
decent machine, I do know that you can only do 4" embroidery or
smaller but I can't see me needing much more than that and to see if I
even like it, well, I can't beat the price. Anyone out there got one
of these it is the Brother Disney SE-270D Sewing and embroidery
machine?

Thanks so much for those that answer or did answer the first time.

Jacqueline in KY