OT-E Reader

Old December 11th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default OT-E Reader

I've been considering buying an e-reader and would love to know if anyone
has one and can give me a heads up on which might be better.

I've been reading reviews and they all seem very similar. I'm only
interested in downloading books and reading them. Don't need a lot of
storage because the kinds of books I'm thinking of aren't classics that need
to be kept forever for rereading or studying; just the kind of books that
can be deleted immediately upon finishing the last page.. I looked at
Sony, Kindle, Barnes & Nobel's Nook? Pricewise they're all similar as well
so that doesn't help a lot.

Help!!!!

Lucille

Old December 12th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/11/09 4:23 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

I've been considering buying an e-reader and would love to know if anyone
has one and can give me a heads up on which might be better.

I've been reading reviews and they all seem very similar. I'm only
interested in downloading books and reading them. Don't need a lot of
storage because the kinds of books I'm thinking of aren't classics that need
to be kept forever for rereading or studying; just the kind of books that
can be deleted immediately upon finishing the last page.. I looked at
Sony, Kindle, Barnes & Nobel's Nook? Pricewise they're all similar as well
so that doesn't help a lot.

Help!!!!

Lucille

A co-worker has a Kindle and LOVES it. She got it after she had been injured
in car accident and couldn't hold much of anything and she loves to read.
The Kindle was light enough she could hold it and not have any issues.

Cheryl

Old December 12th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:15:24 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 12/11/09 4:23 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

I know that at least one of them you can switch over to sound so that
it continues reading to you ! I would like that, a bedtime story !

They all do that but the claim is that the Kindel sounds robotic and the
other a little garbled.

Old December 12th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:14:19 -0500, "Lucille"
wrote:

I know that at least one of them you can switch over to sound so that
it continues reading to you ! I would like that, a bedtime story !

They all do that but the claim is that the Kindel sounds robotic and the
other a little garbled.

OK, stick with my mp3 and podcasts then, at least that is humanoid. I
know someone with a Sony and she loves it, she said she doesn't find
it tiring to read etc.

I think the Kindle and the Sony have MP3 as well. I'm not sure because
that wasn't important to me.

I might just wait till after the holidays are over and then go and see each
one to make a proper comparison.

Old December 12th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Dec 11, 4:23�pm, "Lucille" wrote:
I've been considering buying an e-reader and would love to know if anyone
has one and can give me a heads up on which might be better.

I've been reading reviews and they all seem very similar. � I'm only
interested in downloading books and reading them. � Don't need a lot of
storage because the kinds of books I'm thinking of aren't classics that need
to be kept forever for rereading or studying; �just the kind of books that
can be deleted immediately upon finishing the last page.. � I looked at
Sony, Kindle, Barnes & Nobel's Nook? �Pricewise they're all similar as well
so that doesn't help a lot.

Help!!!!

Lucille

You might want to read Walt Mossberg's review of the Nook which
was in the WSJ this week. A link can be found on the All Things
Digital page of WSJ. And you might find a past column about the
Kindle.

http://walt.allthingsd.com/

Nancy

Old December 15th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 12/11/09 4:23 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

I've been considering buying an e-reader and would love to know if anyone
has one and can give me a heads up on which might be better.

I've been reading reviews and they all seem very similar. I'm only
interested in downloading books and reading them. Don't need a lot of
storage because the kinds of books I'm thinking of aren't classics that need
to be kept forever for rereading or studying; just the kind of books that
can be deleted immediately upon finishing the last page.. I looked at
Sony, Kindle, Barnes & Nobel's Nook? Pricewise they're all similar as well

I gave Jim one for his birthday, the Kindle2, as soon as it came out. I
therefore forwarded your post to him. He is very happy with it. Below is
his reply

"My only comment is.....the Kindle has been around much longer than the
others and has learned a lot from past problems. They seem to really
have their act together. The other readers are new-comers riding on the
coat tails of Kindle's success. The others may well be better, but I
only know what I read."

Also this interesting link.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...ource=Newsfeed

Gill

OT-E Book reader ?? lucille Needlework 13 June 4th 09 12:05 AM
testing new reader Kiteflyer Quilting 3 September 18th 08 04:34 AM
Newsgroups Reader? [email protected] Quilting 8 May 24th 08 03:20 PM
OT News Reader Heidi B Quilting 10 May 4th 08 03:53 PM
OT/Testing new ng reader. Richard Williams Yarn 17 July 15th 04 03:37 AM