I Could Cry!

Old December 2nd 04, 02:27 PM
J&D

Default I Could Cry!

What a mistake I made yesterday in responding to the message about the
wool for pin cushions. I hit reply and thought (duh) that it was going
to the mailbox of the poster. Have been reading the posts on how to
undo my address. I did right click and cancelled the message from here,
but suspect I only cancelled it for my viewing? Does it still show on a
refresh in your newsgroup? The I went to google and followed directions
and just can't get it off, wah, wah. I could have been
sewing..........I should know better.
Old December 2nd 04, 07:32 PM
Sharon Harper

Let me give you some advice I was given when I majorly stuffed up at work a
few months ago - "what's done is done, if you've done all you can to try and
fix it, you can't do any more. Accept it and move on". It works. Don't
beat yourself up - guaranteed you feel worse about it than anyone else.
((((((((hugs))))))))

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old December 2nd 04, 08:28 PM
frood

You are not the first person to make such a goof, and I'm sure you won't be
the last, either. I have yet to hear about a quilter being stalked after
posting this information. Besides, if somebody really wanted to find out
where you lived, it's not that difficult.

Try not to stress over it. Go quilt something. :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old December 2nd 04, 08:58 PM
J&D

Just needed to hear these things. I feel better already. Amazing what
a kind word can do for the spirits!
Diane

Old December 2nd 04, 10:46 PM
Jeri

J&D jimclarkatusadatanet.net wrote:
What a mistake I made yesterday in responding to the message about the
wool for pin cushions. I hit reply and thought (duh) that it was
going to the mailbox of the poster. Have been reading the posts on
how to undo my address. I did right click and cancelled the message
from here, but suspect I only cancelled it for my viewing? Does it
still show on a refresh in your newsgroup? The I went to google and
followed directions and just can't get it off, wah, wah. I could
have been sewing..........I should know better.

If you went to Google and canceled it from there it may take awhile to
disappear from their archive. Sometimes it takes up to a day to have posts
show up so I imagine it could take that long for them to disappear too.

Just a warning though, many ISPs don't honor cancels anymore because of
abuse so you may continue to see it until it expires naturally off your news
server.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:08 AM
nzlstar

but when should be get there for the party?
jeanne
still no siggy lines, hmmmmm

"frood" wrote ...
You are not the first person to make such a goof, and I'm sure you won't
be the last, either. I have yet to hear about a quilter being stalked
after posting this information. Besides, if somebody really wanted to find
out where you lived, it's not that difficult.
Try not to stress over it. Go quilt something. :-)
--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"J&D"wrote...