Happy Christmas

Old December 24th 13, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rosemary Peeler[_2_]

Default Happy Christmas

Hello Everyone,

It's Christmas morning and I am staying with friends in a country town
in NSW called Orange.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Happy Christmas.

Rpsemary

Old December 25th 13, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 12/25/2013 7:39 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/24/13, 2:48 PM, Rosemary Peeler wrote:
Hello Everyone,

It's Christmas morning and I am staying with friends in a country town
in NSW called Orange.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Happy Christmas.

Rpsemary

have a wonderful

Wishing all of you , and your families a very Merry Christmas....and a
Happy, Healthy and "productive" New Year! Now, I wonder how many of us
are thinking of the UFOs, WIPs and new projects!!

Sheena, and you of those up north, I DO envy you a wintery Christmas...I
still swear shorts and sandals are NOT appropriate, unless one lives in
the southern Hemisphere!

Gill
Old December 26th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 12/25/2013 11:37 AM, Gillian Murray wrote:

Wishing all of you , and your families a very Merry Christmas....and a
Happy, Healthy and "productive" New Year! Now, I wonder how many of us
are thinking of the UFOs, WIPs and new projects!!

Sheena, and you of those up north, I DO envy you a wintery Christmas...I
still swear shorts and sandals are NOT appropriate, unless one lives in
the southern Hemisphere!

You're probably better off down there, Gill, considering the weather the
East Coast has had the last couple of days! There are still thousands
without power. We actually got a break in our bitterly cold
weather...it was *above 0* on Christmas Day and will be for the next
few. Then it's back into the deep freeze. grrr. I sure hope we get
December's weather in January!!!

Once I get the zoo book done for DGS I am going to start knitting the
afghan I've had planned for the last 4 years. It's going to be made
with a bulky alpaca denim-colored yarn. Maybe that will convince the
weather to warm up! lol

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old December 26th 13, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Joan Erickson wrote:

Once I get the zoo book done for DGS I am going to start knitting the
afghan I've had planned for the last 4 years. It's going to be made
with a bulky alpaca denim-colored yarn. Maybe that will convince the
weather to warm up! lol

I used some bulky yarn to make afghans for the family kids a couple
years ago, and that stuff was so warm that I literally had to strip down
to my undies to work on it. No worries, those kids are going to be nice
and warm even when the power goes out.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 11/18/13 knit scarf with Berroco Brio #9447 (a very interesting
yarn!)

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2013 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Old December 27th 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 12/26/2013 12:59 PM, Joan Erickson wrote:
[...]

I know, Joan, but I spent the major part of my life in areas that can
get very nasty and cold. Now, if I had to go to work in it, I wouldn't
miss it. I am retired, don't have to go out until roads are
cleared....and YES I truly miss it!

Gill
Old December 27th 13, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 12/26/2013 6:56 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:

I know, Joan, but I spent the major part of my life in areas that can
get very nasty and cold. Now, if I had to go to work in it, I wouldn't
miss it. I am retired, don't have to go out until roads are
cleared....and YES I truly miss it!

I would miss it, too, although not the below zero cold! I would rather
not spend a Christmas without snow. One thing with the openness here,
the wind usually blows the roads clear, unless we get a lot of snow!