scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Old November 29th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Chris
If you will send me your email i can send you my Curator`s words ,
mirjam
Old November 29th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

Default scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet...Hi Chris & Mirjam

I'm kind of a beginner to...well not really as I have been knitting for
40 years but in this group I am the small child in the play yard wanting
to play with the big kids as there is so much talent here. I can't even
knit in the round with double points or hold a yarn in the left hand and
one in the right hand but Mirjam throws out a nibble or sends me a
beautiful photo or two and it's enough to make me jump and I'm off
trying something new. Right now I'm trying to design a dishcloth for a
Christmas contest and I'm struggling with it, with every stitch and
writing down the pattern but I haven't given up yet. You have to
understand I have to have a pattern in front of me to knit anything and
I have never knitted from a chart in my life but I am trying now.
Mirjam has that effect on people. :-)

Oh Mirjam...I forgot to tell you I love to knit dishcloths. Don't use
them but I love to knit them. Well e-mail you.

Old November 30th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Linda Lee wrote:

Oh Mirjam...I forgot to tell you I love to knit dishcloths. Don't use
them but I love to knit them. Well e-mail you.

I know the feeling. I make smaller ones and use them for coasters, make
MUCH larger ones and use them for throw rugs, afghans, shawls, etc.

This weekend I am working on a sweater knit bottom-up in the round in
worsted weight yarn because I am bored out of my gourd after my
anticipated company had to cancel at the last minute. Honestly, I would
rather be sewing, because I have more unfinished sewing projects for
things I could wear to work and because when I'm sitting knitting my
doggie wants to take over my lap, which she doesn't do when I am sewing,
but until my son has the time to cut the legs of this portable table
down so it's the right height for sewing, I just have to wait and grit
my teeth.
Old November 30th 09, 10:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Linda

I'm kind of a beginner to...well not really as I have been knitting *for
40 years

your experience of 40 years is very respected, and is to saluted.

but in this group I am the small child in the play yard wanting
to play with the big kids as there is so much talent here.

Every one and every body, who joins[ed] this group,brings their own
tastes , flavours, experiences
and we all become richer and more glad with our common interest.
*I can't even
knit in the round with double points

[shhhh don`t tell anybody it tooooooooook me years to master this as
well , and i still learn new things.]

but Mirjam throws out a nibble or sends me a
beautiful photo or two and it's enough to make me jump and I'm off

i just like to share nice things ,,, the nasty ones come anyway witout
invitations. But thank you Linda for this beautiful compliment !!!
trying something new. *Right now I'm trying to design a dishcloth for a
Christmas contest and I'm struggling with it, with every stitch and

Aha but if you `struggle ,,` i am sure it is going to look marvelously
original. ,,,
writing down the pattern but I haven't given up yet. *You have to
understand I have to have a pattern in front of me to knit anything and
I have never knitted from a chart in my life but I am trying now.

I thought about your dillema , and think you might either write both
the pattern in words and have the chart ,than take colored pencils and
paint on the chart each k st with color A , use the smae color for
every time the pattern says k st. use color b for both the chart
showing a purl st , and both the written purl st.. etc , this way the
colors of both become more clear and you will be able to find your way
on both !!!

Mirjam has that effect on people. *:-)

Thank you for the Compliment i am blushing ..

Oh Mirjam...I forgot to tell you I love to knit dishcloths. *Don't use
them but I love to knit them. *Well e-mail you.

as long as it pleases you !!!! Do it ,,,,,, i am now knitting an art
work that relates to the fact that the Hebrew St is called Ayin =which
is also an Eye in Hebrew.
mirjam

Pattern ideas for a lace knit scarf Linda D. Yarn 5 November 4th 08 10:54 PM
Need pattern/stitch for scarf Carol in TN Yarn 19 December 4th 05 01:16 AM
Pattern wanted: Magic Scarf Pattern, expandable version john smith Yarn 9 June 1st 05 07:11 AM
Scarf Knit On The Bias? Brian D Yarn 5 October 9th 04 11:33 PM
scarf pattern for all macon Machine Knit 6 December 1st 03 04:48 PM