a bad yarn shop experience

Old June 20th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Trinlayk

Default a bad yarn shop experience

June 2nd I went to a local yarn store... owner was the only employee
there at the time, as is usual for the small shop.

She makes a itemized receipt by hand, tallies it up, and then
processes my credit charge with a printed charge slip... I signed it
and left. I'm usually there 1x / month and spend an average of $50
every time I go in.
I'm not a big customer, and I know she's never really taken me
seriously, and has always been kinda cool toward me, I'm not one of
the people who can come and hang around her shop all day, chatting and
knitting...

June 5th she calls me back "do you still have your receipt from the
other day"
(Not as if this is important, but because I am disabled and often ill,
I happened to be asleep when she called in the mid afternoon.) I had
to look for it but I did. She explains that she undercharged me... I
ask her to hold on so I can get a calculator ( I was just ASLEEP lady)
and she starts yelling at me while I'm trying to tally up and see for
myself what happened. The whole time she is yelling at me. I have
on occasion misquoted a price on a custom item, or undercharged a
customer I was serving, and just had to "eat" my error.

When I've told friends in small business about how offended I was by
her yelling at me, they've mentioned that once the customer has left
the store, the transaction is finished... and that it's not legal for
her to call and ask me for the $ since it was her error, BECAUSE she
was too busy paying attention to her buddies who hang out there, to
pay attention to the customer actually Buying something.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and got a letter
(dated June 12) from the shop owner, that is kinda rude, and again
trying to bill me for the difference! Today, the 20th, she's just
left me a voice mail "reminding" me I own her the $.

am i legally obligated to fix her error? is she allowed to harass me
for the $?
I'm certainly not going to buy anything from her shop ever again, AND
I'm probably going to tell everyone I know.
Old June 20th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jun 20, 10:32*pm, Trinlayk wrote:
[...]

I think that once you left the shop , and she Didn`t call you back ,
nore the same day ,,,, it is her loss ,,
mirjam
Old June 20th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Trinlayk wrote:

am i legally obligated to fix her error? is she allowed to harass me
for the $?
I'm certainly not going to buy anything from her shop ever again, AND
I'm probably going to tell everyone I know.

No, you are not legally obligated to fix her error, ESPECIALLY since she
is the owner. It's her mistake that she has to eat.

Now, if it were a shop you loved and had a good relationship with the
owner, you might want to do it as a courtesy, but it's still not legally
required.

After all, you have a receipt prepared by the owner. What more evidence
do you need.

I would dare her to take you to small claims court. LOL
Old June 20th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Trinlayk

On Jun 20, 4:06 pm, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
wrote:
Trinlayk wrote:

am i legally obligated to fix her error? is she allowed to harass me
for the $?
I'm certainly not going to buy anything from her shop ever again, AND
I'm probably going to tell everyone I know.

No, you are not legally obligated to fix her error, ESPECIALLY since she
is the owner. It's her mistake that she has to eat.

Now, if it were a shop you loved and had a good relationship with the
owner, you might want to do it as a courtesy, but it's still not legally
required.

After all, you have a receipt prepared by the owner. What more evidence
do you need.

I would dare her to take you to small claims court. LOL

it's less than $25... and I actually would have gone back to pay
her... except for how she treated me with the original phone call...
as well as sort of dissing me and the work that I do all the time...
this was just one more thing on a lot of other little things. ...and
now she's harassing me.
Old June 20th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Trinlayk" wrote in message

it's less than $25... and I actually would have gone back to pay
her... except for how she treated me with the original phone call...
as well as sort of dissing me and the work that I do all the time...
this was just one more thing on a lot of other little things. ...and
now she's harassing me.

IF you have caller I.D. or an answering machine on your phone - screen her
out and ignore her.

Shelagh

Old June 21st 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:45:42 +0200, YarnWright wrote:

Trinlayk spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Trinlayk. . .
After THAT kind of harrassment, *I* would call my CC company, and dispute
the charge, PERIOD.
It would harrass her *back*.
I've done so plenty of times, and they don't get paid while it is under
dispute, and the average time to have your CC company investigate your
dispute takes anywhere from 120 to 180 days....
HTH,
Noreen

Ooooooh!!!! Remind me not to pick a fight with you then - you
wicked woman you, LOL.

(Truthfully, I can be like that if anyone is just downright snotty!).
--
You˘re only young once, but you can be immature forever
Old June 21st 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

Trinlayk spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:
Trinlayk wrote:

[...]

---

end quoted

Trinlayk. . .

After that KIND harrassment, *I* would call my CC company and dispute the

entire charge,
JUST to irritate back at her.
But, that's *me*.
Noreen

While Noreen's idea would certainly irritate her, it would probably take
more energy than you may want to expend. If you have an attorney, you could
always discuss it with them and tell her to make any future calls to said
attorney.

Me, I'd probably take everything I bought back to the store, demand a refund
of what I paid, and go order it somewhere else (as well as relaying the
story to anyone who cared to hear or ask how her store was).

--
Carey in MA

Old June 23rd 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

I would ignor her completely from now on, responding only if she files
legal action. Of course, you should retain the receipt. Deal with
some other retailer!
Old June 24th 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 20 Juni, 21:32, Trinlayk wrote:
June 2nd I went to a local yarn store... owner was the only employee
there at the time, as is usual for the small shop.. .

. . .I'm usually there 1x / month and spend an average of $50
every time I go in. I'm not a big customer. . .

Maybe you are not a big customer, but you are a REGULAR customer and
those are the bread and butter of small businesses. This woman is
loony-tunes! I live in a small town (c. 9000 inhabitants) and one of
the ways our local shop-owners compete with the Big Box stores up the
road is by offering *excellent* customer service. This includes
rounding-off charges in the customer's favor.

Sounds like Miss Fruit-Loop needs some serious therapy! Or at least a
course in how to run a business. But that's HER problem.

hth

Erin

Old June 25th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Trinlayk wrote:
June 2nd I went to a local yarn store... owner was the only employee
there at the time, as is usual for the small shop.

She makes a itemized receipt by hand, tallies it up, and then
processes my credit charge with a printed charge slip... I signed it
and left. I'm usually there 1x / month and spend an average of $50
every time I go in.
I'm not a big customer, and I know she's never really taken me
seriously,

Forgive me, but I would consider someone who spends $50 a month, every
month, to be a pretty big spender and an excellent customer.

In your shoes, I would find another source of supply, even if it did
mean mail or online order.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

my first trip into a yarn shop.... betsey Yarn 14 March 19th 08 07:13 PM
Newburyport Yarn Shop CHEX Yarn 0 June 3rd 07 12:21 AM
London (UK) yarn shop review - Stash nickieknits Yarn 0 February 18th 07 09:19 AM
ATTN Jan in MN -- yarn shop ? Karen in MN Yarn 0 August 24th 05 02:11 PM
good yarn shop Minnesota BDS2pds Yarn 2 September 27th 04 04:57 PM