Spinning

Old December 13th 05, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Spinning

I have long wanted to do spinnig, and now that we live in the country, and
near to the source of the wool, I'm interested in investing in a spinning
wheel.

Does anyone have any advice? Or an old spinning wheel? :-)

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
P O Box 232, Rouxville, 9958, South Africa
Tel (+27) 051 663-0170 or Mobile (+27) 082 490-5485

Old December 13th 05, 12:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Catherine Milton" ) writes:
I have long wanted to do spinnig, and now that we live in the country, and
near to the source of the wool, I'm interested in investing in a spinning
wheel.

Does anyone have any advice? Or an old spinning wheel? :-)

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==

I tend to find that I can get the best advice on this sort of thing
locally. If you have things like craft fairs, where other people who do
crafts exhibit or sell their work, go along and ask if anyone knows
someone who spins. If you can get a lead on someone this way, this will
probably be the best source of information for you. HTH.
Old December 13th 05, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Catherine Milton" schreef in bericht
I have long wanted to do spinnig, and now that we live in the country, and
near to the source of the wool, I'm interested in investing in a spinning
wheel.

Does anyone have any advice? Or an old spinning wheel? :-)

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
P O Box 232, Rouxville, 9958, South Africa
Tel (+27) 051 663-0170 or Mobile (+27) 082 490-5485

I did quite some spinning 25 years ago and used a new spinning wheel by the
brand name Louët, I was happy with it. At the rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
newsgroup you certainly will meet more spinners and to advice you.
Grea

Old December 13th 05, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Can't really help you much since I don't spin but you might want to check
out this site.
http://www.the-mannings.com/
The Mannings were featured on our local cable channel not too long ago and
they seemed like very nice and very knowledgeable people.
Beverly B

Old December 13th 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Ashford in New Zealand make very good spinning wheels and all the
accessories. I am on my second one. I didn't wear the first one out, we were
living in the Northern Territory of Australa and the white ants made a meal
of it.

Ashfords have an agent in Rondebosch Cape Town.
Go to www.ashford.co.nz to see their products and on to Order Info for the
Cape Town address & Phone No

Steve

Old December 15th 05, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I found this... Durban Handweavers & Spinners Guild . 14 Tedford Crescent .
Westville . Kwa Zulu Natal . 3630 . South Africa
Is this perhaps what you were looking for?

Maureen

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1

"Catherine Milton" wrote in message
I have long wanted to do spinnig, and now that we live in the country, and
near to the source of the wool, I'm interested in investing in a spinning
wheel.

Does anyone have any advice? Or an old spinning wheel? :-)

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
P O Box 232, Rouxville, 9958, South Africa
Tel (+27) 051 663-0170 or Mobile (+27) 082 490-5485

"Penguin Quill" spinning wheel bim Yarn 0 December 6th 04 01:29 AM
Cotton Spinning 1913 weaving vintage FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 12:58 AM
correction...should read antique french spinning wheel not spinning machine Jacqueline Butt Yarn 0 November 25th 03 12:32 AM
Converts to spinning CMM PDX2 Yarn 7 October 30th 03 12:50 AM
Spinning and Weaving Neal Rogers Yarn 80 August 22nd 03 10:35 AM