The Joy of Books

Old January 10th 12, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default The Joy of Books

Howdy!

This is ON topic because I'm sure some of those books
are about quilting. Of course they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Ragmop/Sandy- often finding joy in books

Old January 11th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

THAT IS wonderful. How'd they do that AND just where is the lovely book
storesigh

Nana ....... who can just smell the books

Old January 11th 12, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Beautiful, Sandy. So beautiful. How I love books. To keep the Swamp from
sinking into the Gulf of Mexico, sometimes I cull my books and send them
forward to someone else so there's room for More Books. Mostly I buy used
books. What do I care if they're used? Library books are used, right? My
best place for shopping for books is
http://www.abebooks.com/?cm_ven=PFX&...xid=a_58608081
Many times the book is just $1. Many times free shipping. Not limited
to the USA. In fact one night I wasn't paying attention and ordered a book
from across the pond. Mr. Esther and I haven't found a house next door to
the library so Abe is the next best thing. Not affiliated; just happy to
share my book place with you. Polly

Old January 11th 12, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is wonderful fun. Thanks to Sandy! We enjoy books a bunch here too.
DH finds books on paperback swap often but there are just a zillion books
here we can't part with. Half.com another good bargain shopping spot.
If I remember right doesn't Abe have a lot of neat Dover books?

Last time I was in the dentist office while waiting for the dentist
to come in I was reading a book. He asked why I didn't have an electronic
reader. I told him nobody could make me. I like real books, in my hands
and lying around. I get that the e-readers have a purpose but I haven't
gotten there yet.
Taria

Old January 11th 12, 07:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone[_3_]

On 10/01/2012 23:55, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

This is ON topic because I'm sure some of those books
are about quilting. Of course they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Ragmop/Sandy- often finding joy in books

I really enjoyed that, took me back to the job I had working in a
library until I retired.
Today is my 76th birthday.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old January 11th 12, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

Happy Birthday Shirley with many more to come.

Mine was on Saturday - 66 years.

Di

Old January 11th 12, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone[_3_]

"Shirley wrote in message
On 10/01/2012 23:55, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

This is ON topic because I'm sure some of those books
are about quilting. Of course they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVcQnyEIT8

Ragmop/Sandy- often finding joy in books

I really enjoyed that, took me back to the job I had working in a library
until I retired.
Today is my 76th birthday.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

Thank you Di and a belated one to you.
I notice that you are interested in genealogy.
It too is one of my hobbies
Found out that my DH's 9th great grandfather was Sir William Crich. Lord
of Crich 1500
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old January 11th 12, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

Thank you Di and a belated one to you.
I notice that you are interested in genealogy.
It too is one of my hobbies
Found out that my DH's 9th great grandfather was Sir William Crich. Lord
of Crich 1500
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

Well done. I am only able to verify my earliest ancestor back to 1770 but I
do have about 90 percent verification from him down. And, I am meeting a
fellow tomorrow, Thursday Aust time, a new family contact on my main family
side (Esse) which I am looking forward to very much.

Good luck with your research and I wish you many tumbled down brick walls.

Di

Old January 11th 12, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris[_3_]

Happy birthdays Shirley and Di! Mine's tomorrow, but 'only' 47 years. Can we
add any more to keep counting down? :-)

Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

"Di Maloney" wrote

Happy Birthday Shirley with many more to come.

Mine was on Saturday - 66 years.

"Shirley Shone" wrote

I really enjoyed that, took me back to the job I had working in a library
until I retired.
Today is my 76th birthday.
Hugs
Shirley

[kinda AD:)] happy happy joy joy crna_ofca Beads 2 November 15th 05 04:22 PM
joy Marie Lawrence Needlework 4 August 27th 04 11:40 AM
Happy Happy Joy Joy! - OT Sort of... Tinkster Beads 2 April 24th 04 02:24 AM
Happy Happy Joy Joy: New Toys - OT Tink Beads 57 October 24th 03 02:04 AM
Happy Happy Joy Joy: New Toys - OT Tink Beads 0 October 16th 03 04:44 PM