Who has taken my tape measure?

Old December 8th 11, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Default Who has taken my tape measure?

OK, which one of you has taken my tape measure?

I use it all the time and now when I really need it - making curtains -
here you go and take it!!! Where did you put it? I've looked
everywhere, even cleared the 2 dozen shirts that needed ironing pile, it
wasn't there!!!!!

All week, I keep losing things and then finding things that I haven't
seen in years......what is going on!!!!!! I feel like I am losing my
mind now.....

DH blames it on the fact that we've nearly finished the house, the last
of the major work was finished 2 weeks ago and that was the living room
parquet floor, sanded and re-varnished by me....so we've upset the karma
of the house

I just want to measure my curtains.......grrrrrrrrr

Janner
France
Old December 8th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

How about borrowing DH's steel tape? They are great for large items and
they stay where they are put more than our floppy ones!
..
In message , Janner
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old December 8th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

It was the nisse. French nisse could probably be propitiated with
wine. Might be easier just to buy a new one, then when the nisse
eventually returns your old one, you'll have a spare.
Roberta in D

Old December 8th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

That one has gone missing as well, OK all 3 of them I wish I was
joking......

Janner
France

On 08/12/2011 16:32, Pat S wrote:
How about borrowing DH's steel tape? They are great for large items and
they stay where they are put more than our floppy ones!
.
In message , Janner
writes

Old December 8th 11, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Yep, think I'll have to go shopping, there are other sewing bits I need,
like more hooks for the curtains. Why is it the poles come with 12
rings and yet the pack of hooks to join to them come in packs of 10!!!!

If I didn't know better, I'd say that it is all a conspiracy....

Janner
France

Old December 8th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Monique in TX[_2_]

Wherever it is, it is partying with my seam ripper and the sheath for my
embroidery scissors.

Monique in TX

Old December 8th 11, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

I lost my steel tape measure just after I moved into my new house.
This fall (a year later) I found the tape measure in a packing box in
the hall closet. Several boxes got shoved into that closet and sat
there unsorted 'til this fall when I decided maybe I should see what
was in the boxes. I guess the box was open and when I was measuring
something in there (can't imagine what needed to be measured in the
hall closet, but anyway . . . .) I laid the tape in the box instead of
carrying it back out of the closet with me.

Yes, I did buy another one - so, now I have two, a lime green and a
bright yellow!

Donna in Idaho

Old December 8th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I gave up on mislaid tape measures several years ago, and any time I
find them on a really good sale I pick up THREE of them! I always
have one in my purse and one in the glove box of my car, one in my
small "weekend" suitcase, one in my tote bag I use for taking
stitching with me, plus one or even two in every sewing basket and
kit, and the extra new ones tucked into an antique sewing stand up in
a bedroom -- along with packs of new shoe strings. Oh well. I'm
compulsive about never running out of pins, good needles, scissors,
and thimbles, too.
Old December 8th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I have a couple of packs of new shoestrings too. Don't have any idea why.
Can't remember ever breaking a shoestring but I guess it must have happened.
Polly

Old December 8th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

It was Colonel Mustard,
in the Conservatory: