a bad yarn shop experience

Old June 25th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default a bad yarn shop experience

On Jun 25, 5:25*am, Olwyn Mary wrote:
Trinlayk wrote:
June 2nd I went to a local yarn store... owner was the only employee
there at the time, as is usual for the small shop.

She makes a itemized receipt by hand, tallies it up, and then
processes my credit charge with a printed charge slip... I signed it
and left. I'm usually there 1x / month and spend an average of $50
every time I go in.
I'm not a big customer, and I know she's never really taken me
seriously,

Forgive me, but I would consider someone who spends $50 a month, every
month, to be a pretty big spender and an excellent customer.

In your shoes, I would find another source of supply, even if it did
mean mail or online order.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I am always welcome in My Wool shop, even if i only sit down some
moments for a friendly Chat , and i assure you that i don`t spend 50 $
in any buy ,,,, Last week i spent less than a Dollar for 3 embroidery
threads ,,
mirjam
Old June 26th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Trinlayk" wrote in message
June 2nd I went to a local yarn store... owner was the only employee
there at the time, as is usual for the small shop.

She makes a itemized receipt by hand, tallies it up, and then
processes my credit charge with a printed charge slip... I signed it
and left. I'm usually there 1x / month and spend an average of $50
every time I go in.
I'm not a big customer, and I know she's never really taken me
seriously, and has always been kinda cool toward me, I'm not one of
the people who can come and hang around her shop all day, chatting and
knitting...

June 5th she calls me back "do you still have your receipt from the
other day"
(Not as if this is important, but because I am disabled and often ill,
I happened to be asleep when she called in the mid afternoon.) I had
to look for it but I did. She explains that she undercharged me... I
ask her to hold on so I can get a calculator ( I was just ASLEEP lady)
and she starts yelling at me while I'm trying to tally up and see for
myself what happened. The whole time she is yelling at me. I have
on occasion misquoted a price on a custom item, or undercharged a
customer I was serving, and just had to "eat" my error.

When I've told friends in small business about how offended I was by
her yelling at me, they've mentioned that once the customer has left
the store, the transaction is finished... and that it's not legal for
her to call and ask me for the $ since it was her error, BECAUSE she
was too busy paying attention to her buddies who hang out there, to
pay attention to the customer actually Buying something.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and got a letter
(dated June 12) from the shop owner, that is kinda rude, and again
trying to bill me for the difference! Today, the 20th, she's just
left me a voice mail "reminding" me I own her the $.

am i legally obligated to fix her error? is she allowed to harass me
for the $?
I'm certainly not going to buy anything from her shop ever again, AND
I'm probably going to tell everyone I know.

NO
You are NOT OBLIGATED to pay any additional fees.

Her sales price is WHAT SHE STATES on her receipt.

If she made a mistake.... she made a mistake.

How would you even know if a mistake was made? She made a receipt, totaled
it, charged you the total.

Please, post the name and location of this aggravating and annoying shop
owner. She gives all other business owner's a bad name.

Old June 26th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

L wrote:

Please, post the name and location of this aggravating and annoying shop
owner. She gives all other business owner's a bad name.

Better yet, get hold of the consumer action group in your area and see
if they would be interested in publicizing your story. It would make
really good press.
Old June 29th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
me

I don;t post much here, in fact it has probably been 6 months or more, but
this post intrigued me...i would definitly be publishing a letter to the
local paper(letter to the editor) without naming names necessarily-but very
pointedly explaining that a local yarn shop etc etc....and what a shame it
is to lose not only your business but anyone else's that has a similar
experience etc etc and all about how hard it is for small shops to build a
customer base et etc...

I would also call the BBB back and lodge another complaint for harrassment.
What she is now doing is truly against the law and you are within rights to
tell her if you have to talk to her again.

And i would certainly spread the word to all your friends.

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Trinlayk spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Trinlayk. . .
After THAT kind of harrassment, *I* would call my CC company, and dispute
the charge,
PERIOD.
It would harrass her *back*.
I've done so plenty of times, and they don't get paid while it is under
dispute, and the
average time to have your CC company investigate your dispute takes
anywhere from 120 to
180 days....
HTH,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old July 14th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Just popping in very briefly and noticed that I somehow missed this post the
last time I peeked in.

First of all, that is really disgusting the way the store owner treated you,
and I agree with the others... no, you definitely do *not* owe her anything.
It was her mistake and therefore she should just cover her loss. You can
bet if she had someone working for her (instead of looking after the till
herself) and that mistake had been made, she would have taken it out of the
employee's pay rather than hound the customer for a mistake the store made.

Secondly, your name caught my eye... you wouldn't be the same Trinlay who
used to be on the alt.tv.kungfu newsgroup a few years ago? I just peeked in
there to see if the same garbage that drove all the originals away was going
on, and I actually saw that *some* people are talking about the TV series
again, like the group was meant for. Good to see. )

Peace!
Gemini (Ontario, Canada)

Old July 14th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
[...]

Correction... I just looked *closer* at the other newsgroup and it appears
to be dead there. Most of the messages are from at least three years ago.
*shrug* Oh well.

my first trip into a yarn shop.... betsey Yarn 14 March 19th 08 07:13 PM
Newburyport Yarn Shop CHEX Yarn 0 June 3rd 07 12:21 AM
London (UK) yarn shop review - Stash nickieknits Yarn 0 February 18th 07 09:19 AM
ATTN Jan in MN -- yarn shop ? Karen in MN Yarn 0 August 24th 05 02:11 PM
good yarn shop Minnesota BDS2pds Yarn 2 September 27th 04 04:57 PM