World wide knitting day

Old June 8th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default World wide knitting day

On Jun 8, 3:57*am, suzee wrote:
Karlisa wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
One of the LYS here in town is sponsoring it and I got my invite via
email the other day. *Unfortunately, it'll be well into 90 plus degree
temps by then and there's just no way in hell I'm going to go over there
and sit around knitting outside. *The invite told us to bring a blanket
for sitting outside and something cold to drink. *I can't imagine trying
to knit with sweaty hands and sweat running down my face. *ugh!
Yesterday it was 99 degrees and freaking miserable. *I can't imagine how
hot amd humid it will be by June 14. * Too bad they couldn't find another
public place to hold this, like a mall, museum or some place indoors,
because I'd really like to go and participate. * South Carolina heat
takes no prisoners. *:-)
We're forecasted to have a sunny 75. Of course being Wyoming, that could
go either way - 90 or snow.....

sue

Wow. *75 degrees...that sounds marvelous! *I've never been to Wyoming, but
it is on my list of places I'd like to visit. *From what I've seen on tv and
in books, it looks like a beautiful place. *:-)

lisa

You've probably seen Yellowstone and the Tetons. They're waaaaaayyy over
there in the western part of the state. I'm in the high desert prairie
here - sagebrush, prairie dogs, antelope, jack rabbits and lots of
different scenery, but not beautiful....

sue- Hide quoted text -

Sue
I feel that Every View has it`s beauty.
But of course we say that one can`t debate about Taste & Smell , and i
think that one also shouldn`t debate the Beauty of things ,,,
We also live in a dry land that borders a desert , Thus we made it
Greener, and we love it as is ,,,
mirjam
Old June 8th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

wrote:
On Jun 8, 3:57 am, suzee wrote:
Karlisa wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
[...]

There's a little greenery here, a river runs through the city and
there's quite a few trees in the residential area. But the views are a
little barren on the edge of town.

sue
Old June 8th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
ix...

It's Saturday, June 14th this year.

=Tamar

Next Saturday is World Nudism Day.

There are too many Days :-)

Mary

Mary Fisher. . .

But, Mary, *everyday* is nudism day to a nudist!
LOL,
running and ducking,
Noreen
splat, you GOT me! Good thing that tomato won't stain my clothes, splort!

Not me, I don't waste food :-)

Mary

Old June 8th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
[...]

Peeking in *briefly*, I just had to comment on your message. To people who
don't have the option of seeing sagebrush, prairie dogs, antelope, etc (I
think *most* people have seen jack rabbits, which is why I didn't mention
them specifically) those things would be beautiful. It likely isn't
beautiful to you because you're so used to seeing it. I personally find
beauty in most things of nature... especially since my run-in with cancer 17
years ago opened my eyes and heart to things that I had been taking for
granted. Looking at a mere butterfly is a new experience each time I see
one... no two are *exactly* the same, and even if they were, they would flit
about slightly differently and land on a different flower, etc. ;o) Just
my opinion!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 8th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_2_]

Not Likely wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
"suzee" wrote in message
Karlisa wrote:
[...]

You're probably right that it's somewhat exotic (or dismal, on the other
hand) to those who've grown up in the treed midwest or east. I grew up
in S Idaho and sagebrush is about all that grows there except along the
rivers where we get some trees. g

sue

Old June 9th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article ,
YarnWright wrote:
spun a FINE 'yarn':

We got notices about a World wide KNIT IN PUBLIC day ,,,,
there will be a Haifa Meeting and i might go and show my face ,,,,
mirjam

Mirjam . .
It's the FOURTH ANNUAL, and I'm hostessing (for the third time)
here in Tennessee, USA, so if you DO go knit in public,
we'll essentially be knitting together!
Hop on our brooms and meet halfway???

It's Saturday, June 14th this year.

=Tamar

So glad to see the date! I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. ;-))

Murielle ... off to highlight her daytimer for the 14th.

Old June 9th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. ;-))

I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary

Old June 10th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

YarnWright wrote:
spun a FINE 'yarn':

We got notices about a World wide KNIT IN PUBLIC day ,,,,
there will be a Haifa Meeting and i might go and show my face ,,,,
mirjam

Mirjam . .
It's the FOURTH ANNUAL, and I'm hostessing (for the third time)
here in Tennessee, USA, so if you DO go knit in public,
we'll essentially be knitting together!
Hop on our brooms and meet halfway???

It's Saturday, June 14th this year.

=Tamar

So glad to see the date! *I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. *;-))

Murielle ... off to highlight her daytimer for the 14th.- Hide quoted text -

That Is the SPIRIT Murielle !!!!!
mirjam
Old June 10th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jun 9, 9:04*pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Murielle" wrote in message

So glad to see the date! *I'm going to take part even if it means just
sitting on my balcony and knitting so my neighbours can see me. *;-))

I shan't be anydifferent from any day - I knit almost every day.

I don't think this has been heard of in England.

Mary

But Now you read it , so we know that al least One UK person has read
about it !!!:::
mirjam

World wide air ticket 50% discount! A Glass 0 June 3rd 04 01:10 AM
World wide air ticket 50% discount! A Marketplace 0 June 3rd 04 01:10 AM
World WIde Quilt Show Sharon Harper Quilting 4 May 17th 04 01:03 AM
World Wide Quilt Show Jeri Quilting 0 May 8th 04 06:38 PM
The most precious Hug in the whole wide world..and its mine! jennell H Quilting 7 April 18th 04 01:20 PM