Knitted [metal] armor

Old May 22nd 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Knitted [metal] armor

Bernadette ,,,, this time i answer you from the Bottom of your
post ,,
Please look at the subject line
it says KNITTED {METAL] Armor ....thus were do you find
This time it started from when you shared your happiness about your day of
celebration and has continued ever since, with others joining in since a
comment was made by Mary about it not being a day of celebration for
everyone. From what I have seen you really do not need others to join in
to defend you - you seem quite capable of doing that yourself)!

I think it is perfectly ok to say something about MY HAPINESS about
OUR indepence day.
I don`t make comments like Mary`s, on any of YOUR Holidays
or her holidays, Nore do i comment on her Country`s political
behaviours.
But this post was about A KNITTED metal Armor. And when i told her
waht i knew , not insulting her on her different knowledge and or
experience, she went out of her way to be unkind.
Not to mention that after the former discussion , she wrote something
extremely unkind.
I have never asked anybody to deffend me. But i can thank those who
do .
Has it occured to you, that me and mykind became so capeable in
deffending ourselves , because there are so amny people who think it
is right to attack us.? Generations of persons who throw malice on us
have taught us to stand up and answer back. There us a Special
Sceintific name for Those kinds of words like that lady threw on
me ....

Excuse me !!!!!!!!!
and what exactly does that mean ?, when talk about ARMORS that were worn
during the crusades , and a discussion about the method in which they were
made ???????

What it means Mirjam is that this is not the first time this type of
nastiness has erupted on this board and each time it does it has NOTHING
to do with the subject under discussion.

Yes we agree , this is not the first time this type of nastiness has
erupted here, Why don`t you than tell THOSE who start it to
stop !!!!!
People share here loads of things and nobody thinks they should jump
on them for it with other unrelated remarks ,,,, Why do some people
think they have the right to jump on my posts, and criticise me and
mine.

This time it started from when you shared your happiness about your day of
celebration and has continued ever since, with others joining in since a
comment was made by Mary about it not being a day of celebration for
everyone. From what I have seen you really do not need others to join in
to defend you - you seem quite capable of doing that yourself)!

I have pasted this part above and answered it ,,,, and ps have you
ever seen me make such remarks ????

I think the above text has NOTHING what so ever to do with the
discussions here !!!!

I agree and nor do any of the snide comments that have been thrown about
either.

So what is your suggestion that i swallow every unkind remark ?
I do my best not to answer , but from time to time there are lines one
should not pass.

I was not referring to you specifically Mirjam, I was referring to the
people I have spoken to and used some of their words regarding the
situation they are in AS THEY FEEL IT.

Of course no , but since you said some of your beloved Jewish friends
feel they live in hell , i thought i may tell you , i don`t live in
hell. I don`t know aho your Jewish & Palestinian friends are nore
where they live , and i wish all a better life. And i hope that like
me they know that a better life to all can be achieved only by working
for it , not complaining about it .

Nor do I Mirjam unless they have referred to them selves specifically in

Sorry you took SPECIAL CARE to tell me you had beloved friends who are
both Palestinians and Jews who feel that their life is hard...
I on the other hand have many friends, who care and work, to make life
better for EVERY Human being.
that way and speak on these matters to make a point to me. The people to
whom I was referring had done that and I was sharing with you what they
had shared with me. If someone tells me that they are black, or Russian,
or Irish I do not try to take away their definition of them selves as it
obviously matters to them.

I will remember that the next time we have any discussion about this
that etc...
have a nice day /evening etc....
mirjam

Old May 22nd 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Karlisa" wrote in message
When I was in graduate school, my professor gave me a knitting pattern for
chain mail that they use for the Utah Shakespeare festival. They knit it
out of nylon cording because it's more durable than cotton and doesn't
tend to stretch, then it's spray painted silver.

What a good idea! I hope I remember that, thanks,

Mary

Old May 22nd 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Thu, 22 May 2008 03:53:19 -0700, mirjam wrote:

Bernadette ,,,, this time i answer you from the Bottom of your post ,,
Please look at the subject line
it says KNITTED {METAL] Armor ....thus were do you find
This time it started from when you shared your happiness about your day
of celebration and has continued ever since, with others joining in
since a comment was made by Mary about it not being a day of celebration
for everyone. From what I have seen you really do not need others to
join in to defend you - you seem quite capable of doing that yourself)!

I think it is perfectly ok to say something about MY HAPINESS about OUR
indepence day.

I agree with you, in the same way that others who subscribe to this group
are wished a happy birthday or anniversary. We all have days that are
special to us and I believe it is good to share them.

I don`t make comments like

Mary`s, on any of YOUR Holidays or her
holidays, Nore do i comment on her Country`s political behaviours. But
this post was about A KNITTED metal Armor. And when i told her waht i
knew , not insulting her on her different knowledge and or experience,
she went out of her way to be unkind. Not to mention that after the
former discussion , she wrote something extremely unkind. I have never
asked anybody to deffend me. But i can thank those who do .

Yes, and it is good to thank those who have supported you. I am just
saying that you are a strong enough person to not need that although
support from friends is always nice.

Has it occured to you, that me and mykind became so capeable in deffending
ourselves , because there are so amny people who think it is right to
attack us.? Generations of persons who throw malice on us have taught us
to stand up and answer back. There us a Special Sceintific name for
Those kinds of words like that lady threw on me ....

Of course it has Mirjam and I have some experience of malice. My parents
were immigrants into the UK back in the 1930s - something that was thrown
at us regularly! One particular neighbour always spat on the pavement just
in front of my feet while commenting, "dirty Irish". There were times I
wished I was bigger to be able to smack him hard - in the mouth!!!!! One
thing I have learned is that you can NEVER change another person's mind
for them. All you can do is try to ensure that you own remains open and
healthy - and that is no easy task at times.

Excuse me !!!!!!!!!
and what exactly does that mean ?, when talk about ARMORS that were
worn during the crusades , and a discussion about the method in which
they were made ???????

What it means Mirjam is that this is not the first time this type of
nastiness has erupted on this board and each time it does it has
NOTHING to do with the subject under discussion.

Yes we agree , this is not the first time this type of nastiness has
erupted here, Why don`t you than tell THOSE who start it to stop !!!!!
People share here loads of things and nobody thinks they should jump on
them for it with other unrelated remarks ,,,, Why do some people think
they have the right to jump on my posts, and criticise me and mine.

I do not know the answer to that.

This time it started from when you shared your happiness about your day
of celebration and has continued ever since, with others joining in
since a comment was made by Mary about it not being a day of
celebration for everyone. From what I have seen you really do not need
others to join in to defend you - you seem quite capable of doing that
yourself)!

I have pasted this part above and answered it ,,,, and ps have you ever
seen me make such remarks ????

No, I have not.

I think the above text has NOTHING what so ever to do with the
discussions here !!!!

I agree and nor do any of the snide comments that have been thrown
about either.

So what is your suggestion that i swallow every unkind remark ? I do my
best not to answer , but from time to time there are lines one should
not pass.

I would not be arrogant enough to suggest to you how you should react
Mirjam. I was merely commenting on the unkindness shown.

[...]

Thank you, it is sometimes difficult to express clearly what is meant - as
you well know! Sometimes what we say is not accepted in the way in which
it is spoken but I prefer to think these misunderstandings arise because
of not being face to face with the person to whom I am speaking. Text
alone cannot convey nuances of language.

that way and speak on these matters to make a point to me. The people
to whom I was referring had done that and I was sharing with you what
they had shared with me. If someone tells me that they are black, or
Russian, or Irish I do not try to take away their definition of them
selves as it obviously matters to them.

I will remember that the next time we have any discussion about this
that etc...
have a nice day /evening etc....
mirjam

I hope you too enjoy your day and thank you for coming back to me on this
subject. I feel we have reached a deeper understanding of each other.

Apologies to others in the group for taking up so much space on here on an
"Off topic" subject.
--
Bernadette
Old May 23rd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:19:32 +0200, YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

end quoted

Bernadette. . .

Don't apologize, it's a GOOD discussion!!! I too feel that
misunderstandings can and should be straightedned out and believe you and
Mirjam have come to some good stuff!
Noreen

Bless you Noreen and thanks. I always feel a bit guilty if I take up a lot
of other people's time on these groups - you've made me feel more
comfortable about it. :-)
PS, it's good to see you back here posting again.
--
You˘re only young once, but you can be immature forever
Old May 23rd 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Fri, 23 May 2008 21:58:15 +0200, YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

(major snippage of the preceding conversations leading up to

I hope you too enjoy your day and thank you for coming back to me on
this subject. I feel we have reached a deeper understanding of each
other.

Apologies to others in the group for taking up so much space on here on
an "Off topic" subject.
end quoted

Bernadette. . .

Don't apologize, it's a GOOD discussion!!! I too feel that
misunderstandings can and should be straightedned out and believe you
and Mirjam have come to some good stuff!
Noreen

Bless you Noreen and thanks. I always feel a bit guilty if I take up a
lot of other people's time on these groups - you've made me feel more
comfortable about it. :-)
PS, it's good to see you back here posting again.

end quoted

Bernadette. . .
I'd rather read about two people crossing borders and learning about one
another than leaving misunderstandings hang there ANYTIME!! Always be
comfortable here, you're among friends! Hugs,

Thank you, and hugs back to you. (((Noreen)))
Noreen

PS, have you ever read some of Gemini's l-o-n-g posts? Sure, they're off
topic, but they're SO newsy and fun... and lately RARE, so when she does
post, it's a TREAT!

Yes, I used to enjoy them too. It is quite a while since she posted but I
assumed she just needed some space after losing her cousin, Linda. I hope
she will come back here again.
--
Bernadette
Old May 24th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On May 23, 6:09*pm, Bernadette wrote:
[...]

You˘re only young once, but you can be immature forever- Hide quoted text -

Never feel guilty about this Bernadette , If a SUBJECT was thrown in
the public place it is better to solve it in the piblic place,
that said i did answer you last long letter also in private and i
don`t know if you got it ?
The matters that arise here are General human discussions,
It was not you that started the problem , and for that matter not me
either . but you reacted to my reaction about some unkind posts that
were durected at me.
I have always believed /written/said that if i am approached unkindly
by someone in public , and don`t settle it in the same place where it
happened, newcomers to the internet will eventually think that
unkindness is the rule. By openly discussing the matters, like you &
me did , EVERYBODY understands that it is not acceptable to be
unkindly.
mirjam
Old May 24th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Fri, 23 May 2008 20:22:03 -0700, mirjam wrote:

On May 23, 6:09*pm, Bernadette wrote:

snipped
Bless you Noreen and thanks. I always feel a bit guilty if I take up a
lot of other people's time on these groups - you've made me feel more
comfortable about it. *:-)
PS, it's good to see you back here posting again. --

Never feel guilty about this Bernadette , If a SUBJECT was thrown in the
public place it is better to solve it in the piblic place, that said i did
answer you last long letter also in private and i don`t know if you got it
?

No, I have not received that Mirjam but my e-mail address shown here is
not a real one. I only posted my proper address once on a newsgroup and
for months afterwards received all manner of strange and wonderful offers
- most of which I would have needed to be a male to use if I could
have worked out what the various accoutrements were for !!!!!! It got so
bad that I stopped using that mail box and set up a new one. I will send
my address to you today. :-)

The matters that arise here are General human discussions, It

was not
you that started the problem , and for that matter not me either . but
you reacted to my reaction about some unkind posts that were durected at
me.

Mirjam I did not react to your reply. I reacted to the unkindness shown
in some of the comments BEFORE you replied.

I have always believed /written/said that if i am approached
unkindly by someone in public , and don`t settle it in the same place
where it happened, newcomers to the internet will eventually think that
unkindness is the rule. By openly discussing the matters, like you & me
did , EVERYBODY understands that it is not acceptable to be unkindly.
mirjam

Yes indeed. That final sentence I agree with 100%.
Bernadette

Old May 25th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default My ears were burning!!!

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 23 May 2008 21:58:15 +0200, YarnWright wrote:

snipped
PS, have you ever read some of Gemini's l-o-n-g posts? Sure, they're off
topic, but they're SO newsy and fun... and lately RARE, so when she does
post, it's a TREAT!

Yes, I used to enjoy them too. It is quite a while since she posted but I
assumed she just needed some space after losing her cousin, Linda. I hope
she will come back here again.
--
Bernadette

I haven't been here for a while and being as I just had a bad bout with my
health and am sitting here at the computer this morning, I thought I'd peek
in to see what's going on... and lo and behold I came across this posting in
which I was mentioned. See, it shows that you should watch you say because
you never know who's listening (or reading in this case). LOL Thank you
both for your nice comments on my past posts. )

I actually left the newsgroup (only checking in once in a while) due to a
lot of bickering that was taking place, and going through the loss of my
cousin Linda and the fact that my son had been out of work for so very long
and debts were piling up, I was already stressed enough without adding to it
by reading nasty stuff on the newsgroup. In any case, I *do* peek in once
in a while, but I doubt that I'll be back fulltime... ever. I'm trying to
stay as stress-free as I can, my health needs it.

My son managed to get a job back at the end of February... unfortunately
it's only up to July 25th then it's over. So hopefully he has another job
lined up before this job is finished. It isn't the best paying job in the
world, but he is enjoying it for the most part.

Ontario Works (social assistance, which my son had to go on after his
unemployment benefits ran out and he was still out of work) back-tracked on
helping him to complete his three level cabinetmaking program (with five
courses in each level) like they said they would do. In fact it was the
Ontario Works caseworker who sent him to another branch of the government to
see if they could assist him in starting his business... they told Matthew
as well as his caseworker that YES they can help him starting his own
business, but only if he can complete all his courses within a three year
window of receiving his last unemployment cheque (May 2010). The Ontario
Works caseworker then told Matthew that they would have no problem paying
for his courses since it's for the future of his career of having his own
business... and they would even pay for gas for him to get to the courses,
work boots, etc... just not for the wood or tools (supplies), he would be on
his own for those things. They paid for three courses for him... then she
wanted him to go into a "Focus Workshop" at Ontario Works for 6 weeks and he
would be going to a different caseworker at that point.

He did the workshop with his new caseworker, then an interview was set up
for the job he's at now... and no mention was made about getting him back
into the cabinetmaking courses until I got Matthew to get after them about
it. He was told by his new caseworker that it couldn't be done. I got him
to request a meeting with the new caseworker and the old caseworker so that
they old one could fill the new one in on how she had set it up and got it
approved by their superior. They had the meeting where the old caseworker
said "I never said we'd pay for ALL the courses. I thought you only had two
or three left to do." That is an outright lie, because I was at the meeting
with her when she told him that they would have no problem paying for the
courses because it was for his career... and she was told that he had a
couple of courses left in the FIRST level, and had two more levels after
that. In fact she even suggested to Matthew that he double (or triple if
possible) up on the courses so he *could* complete them all within the three
year window so the other branch of the government could help him get his
business started. Once again... government back-tracking! Without their
help, there is no way that we can afford the courses... expecially not two
or three of them at once... so he'll never get them all completed by May
2010 so the other branch of the government can help him get his business
started. /

Anyway, on to other things.... We no longer have our swimming pool. At
the end of last summer it developed a small slit in the bottom, so we
decided to let it drain out and we'd patch it this year before re-filling
it. It drained and remained empty throughout the winter, except for the
snow that went in it. Then a couple of months ago when we had spring thaw
and all the snow melted, then we had lots of rain on top of it... the dirt
around the pool (remember the people who lived here before us had sunk 3'
into the ground... why is anybody's guess) gave way and caved the pool walls
in on over half of it... frame and all. There's no way we can afford a new
pool (it can't be fixed either), and we certainly can't afford to get enough
dirt in to fill the hole where the pool sits... so Matthew went into the
pool and made a few bigger holes in the bottom to let any rain water drain
out so it doesn't attract mosquitoes. So now it sits, a great nasty looking
hole in the ground with part of the frame still intact and the rest totally
caved in. Matthew didn't use the pool often, but I used to go in there
everyday... sometimes two or three times a day... to cool off and to do my
water exercises, which is so good for the fibromyalgia.. and I actually lost
11 lbs last summer doing that too. Can't do that anymore. *shrug* Oh
well, more important things to worry about than whether we have a pool or
not.

Decided to make some banana bread two weeks ago. Got all the stuff measured
out and the bananas mashed and ready to go, then went to get the bag of
flour out of the cupboard. Didn't read the side of the bag so when I opened
it I wondered what the tiny brown fleck were in it.... thinking the worst...
bugs. EWWW!!! Then I looked at the side of the bag... it was whole wheat.
Okay. I had never made banana bread with whole wheat flour before, but
since I didn't have all-purpose flour and had no extra money to go buy
some... and everything else was already measured out and ready to go... I
made it with the whole wheat flour. It tasted just as nice! That's one
large bag of whole wheat flour, so I'll be making banana bread every other
week (every week is a bit too often for us) until it's gone. ;o)

My cousin Linda's son talks to Matthew online at least once a week, and
since his Mom passed away he's all alone in Toronto and not liking it at
all, even though it's where he was born and raised. He's been telling
Matthew that he might like to move up our way to be near us. Considering
that he's used to a HUGE city like Toronto, he may have a hard time living
in our small town... it's very quiet here with not a lot to do. However,
there are a couple of nearby cities about 30 to 45 miles away, so if he
doesn't like small town living but wants to be near us he could live in one
of the cities. In any case, there's a lot of checking on things before he
makes a final decision... like apartments, rent, JOBS, etc. So we'll see
what happens.

Well, I should go. I'm still not feeling the best and I need to rest.
Maybe I'll find my way outside to sit in the sunshine, since we're *finally*
having some nice weather. Had two weeks of REALLY warm weather about a
month ago, and while I enjoyed it along with everyone else... it was far too
early for it to be that warm. Makes me concerned what the weather will be
like in August... we may need to get out our long-johns and sweaters. LOL

On that happy (not) note... take care of yourselves. I won't be back for a
while, but be careful what you say about me... I'll read it when I come
back! ROTFL

*hugs*
Gemini

Old May 26th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On May 25, 6:59*pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
[...]

HALLO GEMINI
Good to read you !!!!
Hope things get better for you .
mirjam
Old May 27th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Great to hear from you Gemini.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Metal bobbins Boca Jan Quilting 2 October 17th 06 04:49 PM
Futuristic Armor Achbar Ibn Ali Polymer Clay 4 June 13th 06 09:41 PM
metal puzzler Typhoon News User Jewelry 2 December 18th 04 05:21 AM
How much metal in PMC? Otsinekwar Polymer Clay 2 February 10th 04 11:46 AM
Help: Stencils on metal like military armor boxes etc etc Lucas Jensen General Crafting 1 July 28th 03 03:01 PM