Mirjam - how are you?

Old January 11th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

Default different cultures Was Mirjam

On Jan 10, 9:00*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:52:02 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

If all Sid the Kid does is whine and dive and plays superb hockey,
great. *I despise the violence in sports and I also despise what these
so-called *stars* get away with like biting ears off, raping women and
abusing animals. *They should never be allowed back into what they
call sports today in my opinion.

Sharon (N.B.)

agreed

Is Sid the Kid Sidney Crosby ? *As in the kid who came from across the
harbour from me ?

He seems to be quite a nice young man, has done a lot for a local team
who were suffering from a severe lack of funds. *He seemed a good role
model for kids I thought, but then I don't really follow what they do.

That's the *kid* ... I've not heard a bad thing about him and he is a
terrific hockey player.

Sharon (N.B.)
Old January 11th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 10, 8:02*pm, Sharon wrote:
On Jan 10, 8:02*pm, wrote:

On Jan 10, 10:48*am, Sharon wrote:

On Jan 10, 2:11*am, wrote:

On Jan 9, 9:48*pm, Sharon wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:14*pm, wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:57*pm, lucretia borgia wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:56:56 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

The terms are ridiculous, not how they are received by people. *This
actually is a right of my country to free speech. *So, it's not a
freedom I've had to give up yet. *I have no control over how anyone
feels about what anyone says to anyone. *Just as you have no control
over how I feel or receive information. *I don't take things
personally that strangers say. *The terms are ridiculous. *Not the
people.
Victoria

That's the way with Americans, they don't think about other cultures
and how things they say or do appear to them. *It leads to trouble.

That's the way with people who live in Canada, they love to make
ridiculous generalizations about Americans as if we were all alike.
It leads to trouble.

Elizabeth- Hide quoted text -

That is not the way with everyone in Canada - now who's making
generalizations? *Geeesh

Sharon (N.B.)

Oferxessake, have you no sense of irony? *All I did was parrot Sheena
back to herself with a few select changes. *Did it **** you off?
Good. *Now you know how her statement made me feel.

Elizabeth- Hide quoted text -

No it didn't **** me off - I think it just showed your true character..

Sharon (N.B.)

I'm not sure how a sarcastic remark could show anything about my
character other than that I can be sarcastic, but whatever.

Elizabeth- Hide quoted text -

Oh I can understand sarcasim .. I'm very good at it myself .. so maybe
we do understand where each of us is coming from. *Like you say -
whatever. *Shake?

Make it an ice cream soda and you're on.

Elizabeth
Old January 11th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 10, 8:12*pm, Jangchub wrote:

I think people are going to be very surprised at many things Obama
will do with is administration.

I've already been (unpleasantly) surprised by some of his cabinet
picks.

Elizabeth
Old January 11th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On Jan 10, 2:11*am, wrote:

On Jan 9, 9:48*pm, Sharon wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:14*pm, wrote:

[...]

No problem!! :-))

Sharon (N.B.)
Old January 11th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote SNIP

I was trying to explain to DS why what Avery said was just plain wrong.
No
doubt he was trying to enrage Phaneuf, but it was wrong, disgusting and
just
plain mean spirited.

I would hope that DS gets it - the whole comment was derogatory towards
women, his ex-girlfriend, and just stupid. The guy is clearly an ass,
and a
dirty, whiny guy on the ice.

His take is that if Bettman isn't handing down big penalties to Ruutu or
Bertuzzi for intent to injury, or to players calling each other all manner
of nasty things, then his reaction to Avery is over the top. Name calling,
whether it is girlfriend, wife, mother or sister is just not in the same
league as trying to bite someone's finger off.

Part of what brought the league down hard on Avery was that he called a
press conference in order to make his nasty little comment, which makes it
different from trashing talking on the ice in the heat of the moment or as
part of the game (not saying I am in favour of those). It was very
deliberate and calulated, which makes it that much more offensive. He
obviously thought he was very clever.

Calling the sports reporters together that way meant the league had no way
of saying they weren't aware of it, or nobody heard what was actually said,
even if they had wanted to.

You get the feeling over all that both the league and his team were waiting
for a clear opportunity to dump this idiot, and he gave it to them.

Dawne

Old January 11th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Yes Dear Vistoria, he, (Your Messiah Obama) is going to pay off my
mortgage and walk on water!!!! I'm sooooooo excited I will pee my
pants!!!!!!!

Of course remember Bush had been trying to clean up a lot fo crap
Clinton left laying around....and he tried without cigars!!!!!!!

(You rarely have anything good to say about anyone else either......)

Jayne

Old January 11th 09, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:58:37 -0800 (PST), Sharon
wrote:

Was I talking to you? Don't think so. You don't own this group yet
me darlin' so I'll post whenever I feel like it. Go preach to a
weed.

Sharon (N.B.)

More lovliness...
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Peace, children - I love BOTH of you! LOLOL!

Pat

Old January 11th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/10/09 7:51 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/10/09 10:32 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/10/09 9:34 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/10/09 9:21 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:
SNIP

I was trying to explain to DS why what Avery said was just plain wrong. No
doubt he was trying to enrage Phaneuf, but it was wrong, disgusting and
just
plain mean spirited.

I would hope that DS gets it - the whole comment was derogatory towards
women, his ex-girlfriend, and just stupid. The guy is clearly an ass, and
dirty, whiny guy on the ice.

His take is that if Bettman isn't handing down big penalties to Ruutu or
Bertuzzi for intent to injury, or to players calling each other all manner
of nasty things, then his reaction to Avery is over the top. Name calling,
whether it is girlfriend, wife, mother or sister is just not in the same
league as trying to bite someone's finger off.

I guess it's hard to explain decorum, generally disgusting behavior - while
not a physical issue is still disgraceful. Parallel track of bad.

Oh - he accepts what Avery said is bad - is just that it appears that he was
singled out for over the top punishment. That some one that did something
equally bad isn't getting the equivalent punishment. I won't quote DearSon,
but it was along the lines that Ruutu got his knuckles whacked with a ruler
while Avery lost significant pieces of anatomy

Ah. I think the issue with Avery has to do with the venue of his lack of
judgement. His punishment from the team is there choice - most of them have
morals, behaviour, media clauses in their contracts. The fact that the
guy is so stupid as to not apologize or recognize his lack of couth,
well.... And with a league trying to show its cleaned up image, recruit
fans, etc. There are reasonable rules in place to deal with codified
misbehaviou - like Ruutu's - it's the things that go over the line - whether
it's spitting or public asinine statements that open a player up to
different, or seemingly harsher, punitive measures.

Years ago the CAPS had an incident which involved young ladies who wwre in a
bar (worked there) hooking up with some CAPS, in a limo, in Georgetown. And
some "activity" of a sexual nature. IIRC, there were 2 guys in the limo,
one quite a star (who had a lengthy career and you'd know the name), the 3rd
guy was outside - holding a bucket of chicken - seriously. It wasn't
intercourse, but evidently the young lady (using the term loosely) had
volunteered a certain other activity. Turned out after that the girl was
under 18 or 21 (and the former Redskin who owned the bar was in trouble
'cause she was serving alcohol). The players - while idiots indulging in
groupie offers - thought since she was serving in the bar she was of age.
Anyhow - DH knows the details well - we refer to it as the "limo" incident -
one of our friends was so heartbroken by the aftermath that he would cross
the street rather than walk by the bar/resto of the event. Well, point
being, somehow this activity was found out - I think the girl wanted
something, and within the day the 2 in the limo who participated were GONE,
and the poor guy who "just held the bucket of chicken" was traded within
another couple of days - and he was the innocent young one. The prior owner
had very strong feelings about behaviour and morality, family values, and if
anyone on the teams didn't act accordingly - they were gone. He traded away
a couple of the Wizards for public misbehaviour. One of our friends had
been sort of seeing the "bucket of chicken" guy - nothing serious - and she
still hasn't gotten over it!

Ellice

Old January 11th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 9:00*am, Jangchub wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:13:13 GMT, lucretia borgia

wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:12:32 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

Cogent to my original post that got this going, I see that Obama's
aides are saying his first foreign visit will be to Canada. * There's
a glimmer of light, for a long time that has been tradition, broken
only by GWB jr.

I believe GWB thought Mexico was the best friend of the USA, of course
now maybe he realizes that displayed poor judgment, especially where
drugs were concerned.

GWB is not a Jr. *His father is GHWB.

He's a minor to me.

I think people are going to be very surprised at many things Obama
will do with is administration.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Well this is just following what had been a tradition until he came
along.

Yes, I known that. *What I'm happy about is the restoration to our
country what is either good policy, and traditional. *We used to be a
good role model. *The current admin lost the plot.

I think you might want to read up on your history a little, Vic.
Really.

Mirjam Ophelia Yarn 1 March 28th 07 06:41 AM
Mirjam, sorry about that NoraBalcer Yarn 0 July 8th 04 04:01 PM
Mirjam Cher Yarn 7 October 21st 03 07:11 PM
For Mirjam xray_momma Yarn 3 August 23rd 03 01:24 PM