OT - Newsgroup Access

Old April 12th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - Newsgroup Access

I am so happy. I finally figured out how to get my at-home computer to play
nice with the newsgroup server, so now I can read/post from home!!! And I
did it all by myself. I'm a wizard, yes? grin
--
TerriLee in WA (state) (previously posting/reading from work)
remove the cats to reply

Old April 12th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

well done indeed, TerriLee Wizard, lol. .
fwiw, its best to have the 'remove' part After the @ making it a totally
bogus isp. as it is will bounce maybe but what if there really is someone
else with that name as their addy...
so make it a bogus isp, much better all around.
we dont want any nasty harvesters bugging you or anyone else now do we.
cheers from a chilly autumn morning in the south pacific.
jeanne
me thinks it will be along cold winter by the size of my cats winter coat
she is adding is double quick time here, amazing how they do that, eh
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"TerriLee in WA" wrote...

Old April 12th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Congradulations! I live with a computer nerd (programmer) and he handles
most of the computer issues. I don't know what I would do without him.

--
Boca Jan
Southern Florida - land of the hurricanes

nk.net...

Old April 12th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You make a good point. However, I've tried several things to munge the addy,
and only adding before the @ will let me send. I guess earthlink's server
is picky, or something. I get plenty of spam anyway, and I hope I'm not
causing someone who really might have the &cats in their addy any grief.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old April 12th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oops, sorry for stepping on his toes then.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://www.frappr.com/rctq Put yourself on the RCTQ map!!!
http://www.gen.gen.nz/

"Boca Jan" wrote...

Old April 12th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ah ok, sorry bout that then.
cheers,
jeanne
maybe i should go back to bed, got a headache anyhow and its not getting
better here, hurts my eyes

Old April 12th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sometimes you can change just the "reply to" address, depending on what
you use for a mail program and/or newsreader. Then you use your real
address to send stuff out through your ISP but what people see on the
other side is the munged address from the "reply to" field. If you don't
specify "reply to" then whatever address you send from is used.

I actually send from my real address at comcast.net but my reply to
address is comcrap.net.

As for getting spam, I swear by Mailwasher (http://www.firetrust.com/
NAYY). There is a paid version that has lots of bells and whistles but
there is also a free version that works just fine thenkyewverramuch.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Old April 13th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . net,
"TerriLee in WA" tlbishop&cats.@earthlinknet wrote:

You make a good point. However, I've tried several things to munge the addy,
and only adding before the @ will let me send. I guess earthlink's server
is picky, or something. I get plenty of spam anyway, and I hope I'm not
causing someone who really might have the &cats in their addy any grief.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

I use earthlink, too, TerriLee. My address is munged on *both* sides of
the @ -- perhaps it's just being stubborn for a day or two and will let
you change it later.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas