walking foot

Old October 25th 04, 04:04 PM
Judy W

Default walking foot

Is there a reason why you couldn't use you walking foot for piecing your
blocks together? For using it for the whole quilt and not just for the
quilting part of it.
Thanks,
Judy

Old October 25th 04, 04:17 PM
Roberta Zollner

Of course you can! You could even use it for sewing (gasp) clothing!
Roberta in D

ink.net...

Old October 25th 04, 04:18 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

No, I don't think so. I seem to remember that some people here had some
issues with wear of the thing, and for my previous (now spare) sewing
machine it was a no-name add-on and pretty noisy, so I used it for
straight line quilting and _always_ for adding the binding, but not for
piecing. My new Pfaff has a built-in thingy which helps feeding from the
top and I use it all the time except when free motion quilting (and
sometimes forget to switch it off for that).

Hanne in London

Old October 25th 04, 04:54 PM
Laurie G.

I think not having a quarter inch foot when using the add-on walking foot
was an issue. I have a Pfaff so it has the built in walking foot, which I
use all the time!

Laurie G.

ink.net...

Old October 25th 04, 05:14 PM
frood

I don't use my walking foot for piecing because I find it hard to get an
accurate 1/4" seam with it. I use an edge-stitching foot that has a guide on
it. I put the edge of my pieces along the guide. I had to move my needle
over to get it to come out to the right distance, but I'm happy with this
method.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

ink.net...

Old October 25th 04, 06:08 PM

I love to use the walking foot for piecing, especially bias edges on
half- square triangle blocks. Nancycog in MD

Old October 25th 04, 06:28 PM
Patti

If you can move your needle, you can use a walking foot to do a quarter
inch seam, by moving the needle to the right.
I just think a walking foot is a bit noisy. Although my new one is much
quieter than the old machine, it is nowhere near as quiet as the
ordinary foot.
..
In article , Laurie G.
writes
I think not having a quarter inch foot when using the add-on walking foot
was an issue. I have a Pfaff so it has the built in walking foot, which I
use all the time!

Laurie G.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 25th 04, 07:55 PM
Pat in Virginia

Judy,
I don't have a separate walking foot, but my SM Pfilomina
Pfaff, has a similar type function built in Dual Feed,
called IDT.) I use it for almost ALL sewing! It is
especially useful for piecing. With my SM I use my 1/4" foot
in conjunction with the IDT. Those walking foot attachments
look clumsy to me, but maybe you can mark the 1/4" on the
foot. HTH. PAT in VA/USA

Old October 26th 04, 02:39 AM
Carolyn McCarty

No reason at all....in fact, it's a good idea. I love the walking foot I
got for my old Kenmore, and hope to get one for my FWs. They really do
help. It's so nice when you have cut your pieces "absolutely right" and the
edges still match perfectly after you've sewn them together. Not even a
millimeter difference! Gotta love it.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
take out nospam to reply

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

ink.net...

walking foot Becky Quilting 27 June 16th 04 04:03 PM
Walking Foot To Give Away "long". Dixie Quilting 4 April 24th 04 03:41 PM
Walking Foot Karlee in Kansas Quilting 1 December 13th 03 09:38 PM
Generic walking foot? D&D Quilting 0 October 24th 03 11:38 AM
A walk(ing foot) in the park KittyG Quilting 18 October 21st 03 06:35 PM