OT - on the death of my beloved mother

Old January 28th 12, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

Default OT - on the death of my beloved mother

I would like to thank all of you who sent their sympathy to me and my family
on the death of my mother. I cannot say how much I miss her already. Tears
do well up occasionally but I can't mourn properly yet. I guess it will be a
lot of sad moments with tears over the coming years, rather than a couple of
days drowning in tears.

The funeral on Thursday was quite touching; my DM had chosen the songs
beforehand and they were quite simple, old fashioned hymns, among them 'Der
Mond ist aufgegangen' (
http://myweb.dal.ca/waue/Trans/Claud...d-Bertram.html ) which can
be a children's lullaby, too, if you leave out some verses. The little
chapel was filled to the last seat, and fortunately many of my mother's
friends attending belonged to the local church choir, otherwise the organ
would have played without any vocal accompaniment. I for sure wasn't able to
sing, and so many other voices broke away from time to time. For once the
minister didn't flatter the deceased when she said she had been well
prepared and confident in her god.

We had a nice, traditional little cold lunch with soup, sandwiches, and cake
for the relatives and close friends and spirits lifted a bit, reminiscing
about old times with DM. On Friday I went to the graveyard with my DF to
look how the undertaker had done up the grave and we my my mom's sister and
the sister in law from Switzerland there, in the same mission. What can you
say, it's a fresh grave with some flower arrangements on it. More will come
later, but for now I'm through with all the chores.

Have a nice weekend, all of you!

U. - going to collapse now with a crash on the couch.

Old January 28th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 13:10:18 +0100, "Ursula Schrader"
wrote:

[...]

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Usula. The service
sounds lovely and something your DM would have aproved of. May the
memories of your mom give you comfort in the days and years ahead.

Losing a loving mom has got to be one of the saddest events of
anyone's lifetime. My own mom died 9 years ago and not a day goes by
that I don't think of her and miss her. When we met with the church
representative to select bible verses for the serivce, the first three
sheets that came out of her 'box of verses' - all by coincidence as
they happened to be on top of a stack of them - couldn't have been
more approprirate or exact in describing her nature - and everyone
commented afterwards just how perfect they were. To this day, those
verses give me a lot of comfort and even a smile.

Irene
Old January 31st 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle1963

Be kind to yourself now, Ursula. It will take time, but that is normal.

Michelle in Wichita, KS (formerly of Nevada)