OT welcome sweet spring time

Old January 28th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT welcome sweet spring time

Yesterday we had flash floods with tornado warnings. Today, ta-dah! the
robins arrived. Not 'our' robins - they always travel on to the north.
They always come by in January after a hard rain. We think the wet pasture
and orchard are better for finding unsuspecting tasty worms and such. So.
Your spring will come. It is on the way. Take heart.
Have you noticed that this is a Leap Year? Is there anyone here who
wants to propose to a prospect or shall we find another way to celebrate the
event?
And . . . since I'm OT in all directions, we accidentally received a
shipment of trash bags of a size that will sack your refrigerator just fine.
The shipper said just to keep them. What on earth will we do with them?
There are forty pounds of those bags. One would fit over my batting roll
but I can't think of a good reason to sack it.
To wander around back to our topic, the quilt for our great-grandbabyson
is precious. Wonderful. I can not wait to show it to you. I promise
pictures. Polly

Old January 28th 12, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

AHHH!! The promise of spring sigh Too much winter still in the
mid-eastern U.S. So I'll be heading to Florida next week for about one
month.
Can'r wait to see the new quilt pics!!

Nana

Old January 28th 12, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Jan 27, 10:58*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

you have a pasture? and an orchard? are you holding out on me and the
Macho Man?

i can't wait to see the quilt.

betsey
Old January 28th 12, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Now that is just bizarre -40 pounds of plastic? Maybe some volunteer
organization in your neighborhood could use them (Leaf Rakers
Anonymous?)
I want pictures soon -not a patient person!
Roberta in D, wondering what you actually ordered that you got this
instead

Old January 28th 12, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Mr. Esther needed a bucket with a wringer on it for the chamois he uses when
washing the vehicles. Found one that's just right. It even has flanges on
the base that you can stand on to hold it steady while you pull the 'towel'
through. It is delightful what you can find on the internet if you have the
time. Polly

Old January 28th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hi Polly, I'm glad you had a chance to see the birds. The trash bags sound
like the size different organizations use in their trash barrells when they
have charity dinners. Someone would appreciate getting them. Here in FL
our park uses the larger size bags in a few of the trash cans in the
Recreational Hall. I'm sure you will think of a group who can use these!
Barbara in FL

Old January 28th 12, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Flash floods and tornado warnings! Wow, Spring comes in with a bang
in your neck of the woods, Polly

We haven't had much of a winter here in central NY state - and hardly
any snow. Not that I'm complaining. I would never complain about 40
degree temps in late January! DH says the 'January thaw' is lasting 3
weeks this year...

Large plastic sacks -- maybe they were designed for holding leaves or
yard rakings? Nontheless that's a lot of bags!

Looking forward to seeing that sweet quilt.

-Irene

Old February 2nd 12, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Usually when you post about the birds arriving for your spring we are
covered in snow with single digit temperatures. Your happy
descriptions only make me feel worse. This year we are having such
funny weather our trees think it is spring. Yesterday the temperature
in Chicago was 57. We have had some snow but it is gone in a few days.
Of course those of us who think negative thoughts keep saying that we
will pay for this warm January weather with snow in April.

Susan

Old February 3rd 12, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You are so right, Susan. One year I planted the front flower bed 3 times;
first bunch froze, 2nd ones washed down the street. Wiser now, I don't even
think about it until March 18th. The yellow jasmine is uproariously
blooming by the sewing room door; little does she know. In 2010 we went
straight from 20 degrees to 80 degrees. Missed spring altogether. Maybe we
need to get a Farmer's Almanac? Polly

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message Usually when you post about the
birds arriving for your spring we are
covered in snow with single digit temperatures. Your happy
descriptions only make me feel worse. This year we are having such
funny weather our trees think it is spring. Yesterday the temperature
in Chicago was 57. We have had some snow but it is gone in a few days.
Of course those of us who think negative thoughts keep saying that we
will pay for this warm January weather with snow in April.

Susan

OT Welcome sweet spring time Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 13 February 24th 11 08:39 PM
eQuilter - Fresh Spring Designers - Spring Sale! prubin Marketplace 0 March 25th 08 06:48 PM
OT but Oh so sweet. Di Quilting 21 August 12th 07 09:15 AM
Sweet Treats? monique Quilting 24 June 23rd 06 02:51 PM
Time for the Spring Poking Already? frood Quilting 9 February 14th 05 04:35 PM